SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the thread type and size for these.
2 of mine are knackared and I can't screw the dash facia screws up into them.
I have the dash off just now to renew some wiring and fix the cracks on the dash.
I thought if I could get 2 nuts the same thread I could replace the broken ones?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
The long dash fascia bolts are M4 thread and I think it's a standard 'metric coarse' 0.7 mm pitch. All four of them are slightly different lengths.

Going on the EPC (electronics parts catalog) the part numbers for each of them is different depending whether the vehicle is a LHD or RHD configuration.

EPC (electronic parts catalog) lists the part numbers if you have access to an EPC.

The captive nuts in the dash itself that the long bolts go into aren't listed as a seperate part.

Craig.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Each long screw has circular grooves on the shank, either 1,2,3 or 4 grooves corresponding to where they go in the dash starting from the left. I might add it's virtually impossible to get the screws back without the locating tubes fixed in the rear of the fascia. If these tubes are missing, broken, or loose, fix them first otherwise you will spend hours trying to do the impossible, ie refix screws without the locating tubes in place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts