SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just signed up, actually just turned 16 a few months ago. My first car was a 1999 Saab 9-3 Turbo and was Auto. I loved it. But like a month into my driving career, I was hit from behind. I was stopped waiting to turn into my driveway when a lady hit me going at least 40mph. She didn't have insurance :nono; and seeing that our Insurance company declared our car totalled, she will regret having to pop 12 grand outta her ***. Anyways I will definetly be getting another Saab, 2001 9-3 5 speed manual. I included a pic of the damage.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
yea deff man, totaly positive...to be honest, if i had a chioce of what saab to get, i would get a 99, I have the same exact car that you want...2001 SE 5spd, and being as young as we are (im 17) its hard to tune the t7(engine control used on models later then 99) cuase all the parts cost 50% more then the t5 (99 and older Engine managment) and the t5 isnt as picky as t7 is....but the t7 has more potential in the long run....but really, "in the middle of difficulty lies oppurtunity"...so i hope you get a nice new 9-3, sucks for that lady, you could always buy a cheaper older 9-3 and spend the difference in mods to bring the figures up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, definetly a good idea, but I still think I will go for the 2001 just because I will wait a few years before I start modding and stuff because I don't know much about that stuff, plus I am learning to drive stick on it (don't worry I am not a dumbass like some people) but we will see. Sorry for the bad quality on the picture, it was on my camera phone. When I went in to look at the damage at the Insurance agency, the lower chasis of the car was dented in, probably would have had to be shipped to Saab and custom done. We are getting 12g's for it though. So I am happy, but I will never forget about that girl...:cheesy:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
you gonna buy back the wrecked car from the insurance company?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
yea i know....but you could part the wrecked one out....

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Wow, not THAT's a crumple zone. Poor car. Glad you're not hurt. Rear end collisions can be quite bad. I havent had the 'pleasure' of trying out the SAHRS, and wouldnt want to, but it sounds like it worked for you.

Good choice of car. I didnt check where you're from, but I saw a 9-3 SE HOT for sale in my travels in Western Mass the other day. It would take some traveling to find (it was at a gas station in East Nowhere) Stick of course, dark blue with tan interior. I drooled for a bit, but I already have my Viggen:cool: And I wouldnt have found it if it were easier to find an HOT with Stick.. So I'm glad they're so rare. Good luck with the new car!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I like the 01 SE, just make sure you get a HOT model with the td04 turbo. Sure you will spend more on evu since you can't fit in a mbc, but hardware mods will get you pretty far.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I agree you should deff get the SE. Even if this means dropping to a 00 or even the 99. You will be so glad when you start tuning it that you have the upgraded intercooler (the crossflow) and turbo (tdo4-15g) from the start. You say that your not thinking about tuning it right now...but you just might eat your words. Its SO easy to get into it;oops:.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all your opinions guys. I am really lucky I was driving a Saab and of course wearing my seatbelt. Those seats are very comfortable and the headrestraint worked like a charm. I walked away only a bit stunned and of course I was a little sore the next day, but nothing worth telling the Insurance company.

The thing is I don't know if I would be getting the SE model, because a) I don't think my dad would want me driving it (I know its only like a 20+ horsepower but w/e) and there is only 1 model near me for sale. But if I could convince my dad, then I will.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ha, my dad needed no convincing into helping me front the money for the turbo 900 model. He fronted the money but I paid him back that summer. He knows that if you are going to spend that much money, its worth it to spend a little more to get what you really want otherwise you spend a bunch of money and still have that empty feeling inside.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Marks900SE said:
I agree you should deff get the SE. Even if this means dropping to a 00 or even the 99. You will be so glad when you start tuning it that you have the upgraded intercooler (the crossflow) and turbo (tdo4-15g) from the start. You say that your not thinking about tuning it right now...but you just might eat your words. Its SO easy to get into it;oops:.
The 99 SE HOT doesn't have the td04... only 00-02 SE HOT has the td04

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
well guys, thanks.;oops:

Im a little preoccupied with my cars problems and trying to figure out whats going on to get all technichal. But the gist of what I was trying to say was there.

excuses, excuses

1 - 16 of 16 Posts