SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had this leaking sensor for over a year now and I'm sick of it leaking all over my garage. The service centre seems to not think it's an issue as they have not offered to replace it even when I've said I want any leaks on my car sorted.

So.. can someone tell me what the sensor is and tell me if it's easy to replace (I have a feeling I'll be needing to do a complete drain of engine oil).

It's located just under the engine-oil filter which can also be seen in the pic attached.

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8793&stc=1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
I think that's the oil level sensor/sender. Prolly the O-ring that's leaking. Pretty common, but a pain in the a** when it leaks. A good Saab indie can fix it in 1/2 hr or less.

·
Registered
987 Posts
That sensor on mine is non-functional (yet oddly doesn't leak), what's involved in replacing it?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Drain oil in sump, undue connector, undue 3 bolts, pull out, replace o ring seal, refit, tighten bolts refit connector, refill sump. Easy peasy. Failed unit could be build up of derbis stuck to the magnetic microswitch, clean and test with multimeter first before looking for a replacement..IMO.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
SNAP. I got one of those leaks!!

Yup, mine leaks there too. While my car is STILL in the garage from wait for it... December 19th 2006, I just remembered about that leak, and foned up the guy to change the O-ring in that for me. He said was common for higher mileage cars to leak there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts