·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I paid 30k for mine back in 1995, best thing I ever bought.

If you have the funds, clear something else off the drive and go for it!

·
Registered
80 Posts

How often are you going to see one in this condition w/these miles? Ugh.

That's a dangerous question. THey are great cars, no doubt. I love how silver looks on the Mk2 9000. That was my first color choice.

I wouldn't say low miles are a benefit. You still have the typical things that haven't worn out the first time (Blower motor, AC Compressor, exhaust, turbo, clutch slave, etc.).

Good looking car though. The seller knows what he's got.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I'd love to tell you that's too much $, but that car looks awesome. Similar car is for sale local to me, think they are asking 6500 with >twice the miles

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a dangerous question. THey are great cars, no doubt. I love how silver looks on the Mk2 9000. That was my first color choice.

I wouldn't say low miles are a benefit. You still have the typical things that haven't worn out the first time (Blower motor, AC Compressor, exhaust, turbo, clutch slave, etc.).

Good looking car though. The seller knows what he's got.
So is it safe to assume that these items you listed above as failing don't have the reliability of same parts as the 99-05 9-5?

·
Registered
80 Posts
So is it safe to assume that these items you listed above as failing don't have the reliability of same parts as the 99-05 9-5?
I don't remember saying that.

In a broad sense, part failure is a function of use, age, and condition. Those parts can definitely last 100K miles, but WILL they last due to their age?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
7600 is way too much... It's at that mileage where's ****s gona hit the fan and goIng to need some work

4-5 grand tops

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7600 is way too much... It's at that mileage where's ****s gona hit the fan and goIng to need some work

4-5 grand tops
Really? Even in that condition and the fact that it's an Aero? Haven't checked NADA on it yet though. 86K and things are going to start failing?
Not being sarcastic by any means, but if the car has been taken care of........
Should I consider myself fortunate that I haven't had any issues w/my 05 at 101K? No ACC issues, trans. electrical, cooling, etc.
I've done the preventitve such as CPS, plugs, belt, and the basic oil/trans. changes. Motor mounts are next along w/struts. There must not be a dent or imperfection on that thing- looks super clean. The 9000 that is.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I disagree. I bought my 900 (trionic 5) at 100k. I did nothing but change the oil for 40k miles and sold it to buy my 9000.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really? Even in that condition and the fact that it's an Aero? Haven't checked NADA on it yet though. 86K and things are going to start failing?
Not being sarcastic by any means, but if the car has been taken care of........
Should I consider myself fortunate that I haven't had any issues w/my 05 at 101K? No ACC issues, trans. electrical, cooling, etc.
I've done the preventitve such as CPS, plugs, belt, and the basic oil/trans. changes. Motor mounts are next along w/struts. There must not be a dent or imperfection on that thing- looks super clean. The 9000 that is.
Just checked the NADA- just under 4700.00 clean retail. Must be factoring in another 3K on the "won't find another like this" factor.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
With the state of Saab its pretty tough to get the "high" asking prices some sellers ask for.. I understand its rare and in pristine condition but its going to take a certain prospective buyer to pay that price

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With the state of Saab its pretty tough to get the "high" asking prices some sellers ask for.. I understand its rare and in pristine condition but its going to take a certain prospective buyer to pay that price
Things like the hatch, rear window wiper, design of the wheels, those great seats........all appeal to a select few. When they dropped the hatch design I was disappointed as most Saab fans were.

I agree that someone only wanting this car and nothing else will buy it for or near that price. How does the performance compare to an 05 Aero? I know it doesn't have as much hp, but wondering if the torque numbers are different off the line/midrange punch. I've never had the opportunity to drive a manual in Aero form....keep hearing great things about this 20 seconds of overboost thing in the 9-5 manual.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Things like the hatch, rear window wiper, design of the wheels, those great seats........all appeal to a select few. When they dropped the hatch design I was disappointed as most Saab fans were.

I agree that someone only wanting this car and nothing else will buy it for or near that price. How does the performance compare to an 05 Aero? I know it doesn't have as much hp, but wondering if the torque numbers are different off the line/midrange punch. I've never had the opportunity to drive a manual in Aero form....keep hearing great things about this 20 seconds of overboost thing in the 9-5 manual.
A stock 9k aero is pretty quick.. Im sure an 05 aero would take it though

·
Registered
953 Posts
Agree with WSW. It is in nice cosmetic condition, however if little service has been done (other than what is listed in the auction), then expect all hell to break loose around 100-120K.

·
Registered
410 Posts
sick

hi.yes a very nice looking car although i have a feeling that the the interior may have been recovered! but unregistered??? not worth anything!! sorry. btw--- the 9k manual was faster than a lamborghini(forgotten the model) in 2nd gear.---my 94 is awful quick as standard( on 95 octane-probably a little quicker even, on 98 octane) and has over 300k, although the gearbox has been rebuilt due to saab's inbuilt weakness in the splines in the 2nd-3rd section of the manual gearbox.what is there in the normal marketplace--the non supercar range--to replace it and yes the removal from the range was a retrograde step!!! love that car.cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
sick

hi.well here goes.this is from the australian 1994 9000 1800 model owner's manual. 2.3 aero manual---225bhp (165kw) @ 5500rpm(EEC) aero automatic---------------- 205bhp (147kw) @ 5500rpm(EEC) torque manual-----------------342Nm (34.9kgfm) @ 1800rpm(EEC) torque automatic ------------294Nm(30.0kgfm) @1800rpm(EEC) Compression Ratio --------9.25:1
wheel size/diameter ---------16inch
tyre -----------------205x55ZR16

·
Registered
410 Posts
sick

hi.please note that the figure "1800" in my previous post is a typo and should never have appeared.i have done an edit but i don't know where that went. anyway speed acceleration is academic. most countries have limits and the law doesn't look favourably when these are exceeded-- except on a closed track/raceway. another thing fuel consumption can suffer especially when some towns are hundreds of miles/k's apart. love that car. cheers

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
AC compressor is durable, and so is the cabin fan motor. Clutch is durable and the disc will go before the slave. Assuming this has the factory clutch then a new one is required soon and the price adjusted accordingly. If a new clutch is recent, likely at that mileage, then no issues. Exhaust is exceptionally durable. My 97 is still on its factory muffler at 230,000 kn including Canadian winter driving. I just replaced the resonator a few months ago. The turbo is not a maintenance item. Most turbos last longer than the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts