SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 08 9-3 Aero last night. This is my 3rd 2.8 aero with the last ones being an 06 and 07. Definitely paid over what the car is worth for this one, but I'm just glad it's in my hands and not the guy I bought it from. The car seems to have been mechanically sound at least (*knocks on wood*) but aesthetically has seen better days. As you can see I have the bumper off already, which has been used and abused (p.s. if anyone has a bumper, let me know!). The lower part that holds the grill is here but also beat up. Both came with an exciting amount of holes drilled into them, along with a fair number of now clipped zipties. Before I bought it, I asked the seller if the air shield remained underneath. "Yup, it's there." Looked underneath and of course it was void of the part he had confirmed was there. On a side note, I feel that when buying one of these, the air shield is a good way to tell if the owner had really cared for the condition and proper operation of the car. Just having a car with all of the pieces there says something. That being said, I guess the first owner (I'm the third) lived in Jersey so I can understand why there's so much abuse on the front and the rims are gouged pretty bad. Fix your damn roads, Jersey! Anyways, the title is referring to the tag on the front bumper put on by the previous owner. Why a German tag? WHY? And don't let your car sit in the hot Florida sun please, ESPECIALLY when you have a perfectly good garage to put it in. Talking to you, previous owner! Sorry for the rant lol. Very excited to have another Aero in my life. Best cars I've ever owned. Please if you own one of these, do your best with taking care of it and not banging it up. These cars are special. Ok. It stopped raining so getting back to work on the car now!

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm going to have the entire interior of my car plasti-dipped hot pink in your honor.
And put in zebra print seat covers! The kind from Walmart.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That building behind your car reminds me of the film from dusk till dawn. :D
haha, it's a place called wild bills in Connecticut. Don't think it's open anymore as bill passed away, but it was a cool spot. Bunch of vintage Americana type stuff in there. Very trippy

I'm going to have the entire interior of my car plasti-dipped hot pink in your honor.
And put in zebra print seat covers! The kind from Walmart.
What about eyelashes? And a pack of Newport 100s?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts