SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have some type of idle problem. in the morning not so much of an issue the tach dips down past 1000 rpm's and cuts off sometimes . but when the car gets hotter for riding it longer it seem to cut off more frequent when i come to a complete stop. Can anyone help this sucks :(. Oh yeah and sometimes when i get gas for my car and start it up and go it runs like crap for a little while and then back to normal

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ok i have some type of idle problem. in the morning not so much of an issue the tach dips down past 1000 rpm's and cuts off sometimes . but when the car gets hotter for riding it longer it seem to cut off more frequent when i come to a complete stop. Can anyone help this sucks :(. Oh yeah and sometimes when i get gas for my car and start it up and go it runs like crap for a little while and then back to normal
make sure you have no leaking vacuum hoses.
clean IAC valve.
test the Evap Purge Valve.
test the throttle position sensor. (make sure as throttle is opened the resistance changes smoothly with no jumps)
could also be the crank position sensor. not sure if you can test this.

From your symptoms though I'd guess it has something to do with the Evap purge valve

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive been looing for a picture of were it is in the car i read if do this it might work.Plug off the line going from the TB to the Evap Purge Valve and see if that helps. It may be stuck partially open. But iam not sure were it is dose anyone have a picture Thanks Nick

·
Registered
841 Posts
in the attached pic from platonoff.com, i highlighted the evap hose in green. the green box is where the Evap Purge Valve is, its just hidden by the wiring harness. in the car you should be able to get to it without removing anything else.

the red box is around the attachment to the throttle body, thats where you should disconnect it and plug it. There's also a way to test the function of the valve itself with a 9volt battery but I don't know the specifics, might be worth looking up and trying.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
one more question ill test it to see if its still good and if its bad ill probaly buy a new one . but i was wondering for the mean time i read u can just block it off by putting a screw in the hose . if true do u take the end that is connected to the throttle body of and block that end or do u take off the end going to the evap valve ?

·
Registered
841 Posts
if you choose to disconnect it you definitely need to plug the hole on the throttle body. im not sure if its necessary to block off the hose coming from the valve.

as far as where to disconnect the hose between the valve and throttle body, i don't think it matters, but if you disconnect the end at the throttle body you'll probably have an easier time plugging everything up it's just easier to get to.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh ok i went and left the valve open on the throlle body. ok i got you so plug the valve (nipple) comeing off the throttle body ok kool

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Nick it worked I pluged it up and now it dosent stall i guess i have a bad Evap Purge Valve. Called the dealership the wanted 190 for it lol
saabsite wants 60 for it i guess u know were iam gonna buy it from lol
Thanks again

·
Registered
21,583 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Nick it worked I pluged it up and now it dosent stall i guess i have a bad Evap Purge Valve. Called the dealership the wanted 190 for it lol
saabsite wants 60 for it i guess u know were iam gonna buy it from lol
Thanks again
I would try a local junk yard. These don't go bad that often so finding one in the yard shouldn't be too hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts