SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Had my car towed to the mechanic after is broke down while being driven by a family member, and my mechanic says the engine is locked- completely shot. Replacing it would run me $4000-$5000, which I don't have and can't justify as I only bought it for $2500, so I'm thinking of selling it for parts- or donating it for a tax deduction.

How do I get rid of this thing and how much do you think I can sell it for?

The cons: shot engine, turbo might be on the way out (I only think this because it'd started smoking on start up), dents on two doors, power windows quit working in 3 of the 4 doors, probably some CPU chip issues (dashboard lights up at weird times, sometimes the speedometer doesn't work), leather driver's seat is pretty worn.

The pros: Direct ignition replaced less than 2 years ago with brand new part, struts/suspension solid, all other parts aside from those mentioned above are good. Sunroof works, good interior and leather passenger and back seat, tires are 2 years old, etc. It's also got a 5 CD disc player in the trunk, but I don't think that's going to impress anyone in this day and age.

What do you think?

·
Registered
18,938 Posts
You could probably have someone replace the engine with a used one for a lot less, but still more than it's worth.

List it as a part out for a while here and on craigslist, sell what you can, scrap the rest for $200 to $300 to a junkyard... or sell it as a parts car complete $500 to $600.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts