SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got the bsr ppc. Hooked it up to his car. removed the fuses. followed the directions to the T. Programme went through, and ppc said to unplug. unplugged the ppc. traction control disabled came on and car does not start now. After that tried to programme it back to orig setting. After a minute into the programming only the steering wheel and climate control lights are on. The programming took over 50 minutes
I am a very experienced VW/Audi tech and know the whole reflash thing. I have reflashed my b5 s4 other vw's. Never had this happen.
Is there anything i can do (compasitive discharge). Could it be the wrong software.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What is the warrenty. It is a 2003 9-3 210hp 6spd with 37k on it. I know vw/audi ecm is covered 10 years 100k miles.

·
Registered
409 Posts
guineag60 said:
Hooked it up to his car. removed the fuses.
What fuses? As far as I know it's only necessary to remove fuses for the thermofans on Trionic 7 vehicles, not T8. This might be where your problem lies.

The reason the fuse(s) are removed on the T7's is so the fans don't run the battery down. Speaking of, was the battery fully charged?

Did you leave the car alone while the tune was being uploaded? Didn't open or close any doors during tuning?

I'm not sure what the warranty is since I've never had one (a warranty that is). I doubt SAAB would cover the ECU in this case, assuming they could detect that an attempt to flash it had caused the problem.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I don't remember removing fuses to be part of the procedure. Could be where your problem lies. It's possible that one of the many modules in the car did not receive the proper code while programming. It is possible that everything is in a messed (some modules are now out of sync with the ECU). Which fuses did you remove?

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
guineag60 said:
What is the warrenty. It is a 2003 9-3 210hp 6spd with 37k on it. I know vw/audi ecm is covered 10 years 100k miles.
That warranty would be 4 years from the In Service date or 50K, if it's a CPO it's 6 years or 100K.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have HIDs and didn't remove any fuses - didn't have a problem.

One thing I did do wrong - but thankfully didn't cause a major problem, was I didn't turn the ignition on - because the PPC lit-up and asked if I wanted to tune, even before I had turned the ignition on, I just went ahead with it. It took over an hour and still hadn't finished - so I tentatively unplugged it all and started again - this time with the ignition on - took less than 10 minutes - all OK.

I would try again from scratch, if the PPC lets you.

Good luck,

Phil

·
Registered
824 Posts
guineag60 said:
I highly doubt screwing up an ecm with a PPC reflash would be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Warren Demontague said:
I highly doubt screwing up an ecm with a PPC reflash would be covered under warranty.
I agree. In fact I'm sure they would not cover this if they knew this was the case.

If you had a lenient dealer, you might be able to say you were having battery troubles and funny electrical problems prior. That might make it seem like the battery could have messed up the ECM. I don't think this could really happen, but you might be able to sell it.

Do you have a wife who could take the car in and work some charm? It would seem far less likely to the service dept. that a woman was reflashing her ECM. Think about what you would have to do to get this past your VW/Audi dept. without raising too many eyebrows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it was covered. I just ran the battery out after it wouldnt start. Had it towed to the dealer told them the battery was dead and it would not start. They said they ended up reflashing the module and my friend was on his way.

He contacted the place were he got the ppc and is talking to them. I know he still wants to chip it though. This time ill bring it to my dealership and do it.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Why did you take out a fuse? The directions "to the T" are quite specific and say not to even open the door...:roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts