SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am closing in on the end of my standard warranty period and plan to have my local dealer service and examine my '04 9-5 Aero for any identifiable problems.

Thoughts on areas/specific items to keenly inspect that have been known to perhaps prematurely fail on this model?

Thanks,

·
Registered
318 Posts
i'm in a similar situation but have CPO so most things are covered. I did just have the driver and passenger mirror plates replace due to the beginnings of corrosion. Not sure on the exact name of the part, but it's the little black triangle filler next to the mirror. check them closely. Passenger side was obvious but while waiting for that one to come in on order, I noticed the driver side was starting. Probably just a bad set.

take 'em for all the bulbs you can get. Bulbs are free in the first 50K! Truck light? Mine was out and they replaced the wiring harness between the trunk lid and body. Also had he front headlight relay replaced.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I have the car at the dealer and they are fixing a number of things (e.g., side mirror motor stopped functioning, sunroof wind deflector causing a "hitch" when opened/closed, fender liners had become unsecure, etc.).

Prior to reaching the magic "50K", I plan to conduct a comprehensive test where every switch and feature will be tested to ensure each is operable at that time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts