SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having a loud noise from the front passenger side of the car whenever I accelerate quick, or even just brake normally. It's really loud. Sounds like a joint popping...like metal on metal almost...

If I very very very slowly come to a stop, I may not hear it, but there is a threshhold during regular breaking where it will make one loud bang (you can even feel it) then nothing else until I have accelerated again then come to a brake again.

Thought it was the bushing...but a prelim look from the mechanic and they said it wasn't that.

Anyone else have this problem? What could it be? Strut?

·
Registered
32 Posts
hotwiredca said:
Anyone else have this problem? What could it be? Strut?
This situation sounds similar to my strut problem. I had a bad knocking up front and my wheel was off center. Turns out my passenger side front strut tower was demolished. They also discovered teh other strut tower top had to be replaced also..

...when all was said and done, it cost me around $1000 from my local mom and pop garage.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yikes...really hope it's not that. I love the car, but it's a money pit...hopefully I'll find out it'll only need an adjustment of some sort...but I gather I'm in for a hefty bill...wonder how long I could drive with it like this if that's the case...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts