SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the thermostat for a 900SE turbo 1997 NG900? some one help me please, I think mine is stuck because the temperature gauge, I have no leaks and my reservoir tank is full.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The t-stat seems to be located at the end of the upper radiator hose - a conventional location.

The $1.98 Haynes manual speaks of removing an inter-cooler by-pass hose and a cover..
No surprise if someone has a site with a much, much better pictorial...
When the thermostat decides to head south, it can either cause a slow warm-up or overheating...
I would also change some hoses at the same time - particularly the upper radiator one..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
earthworm said:
The t-stat seems to be located at the end of the upper radiator hose - a conventional location.

The $1.98 Haynes manual speaks of removing an inter-cooler by-pass hose and a cover..
No surprise if someone has a site with a much, much better pictorial...
When the thermostat decides to head south, it can either cause a slow warm-up or overheating...
I would also change some hoses at the same time - particularly the upper radiator one..

thanks a million.

I removed the end towards the engine block, is this the one? I could not see the thermostat there, is there anything that I should remove? or is it towards the radiator??

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
If it's like my 2.3 n.a. engine, then it's inside a metal "housing" between the hose and engine. Basically the thing that the hose connects to. Two 13 mm bolts hold mine on. They were sort of tricky to get to, but once I got a few wires moved and the right extension it was easy to get them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts