SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 2006 9-5 that does not have a siren in the inner fender. Does anyone know how to fix/remove this message permanently? I know in the car with the siren, replacing battery fixes it, but what about the car without the siren?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
This. The ECU has to be told there is no siren, or it keeps reporting the fault.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured its with Tech 2, but how?
Do you think its like the photo attached.

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
With the Tech 2 your can change the theft protection system to use the car horn instead of the siren. This will turn off the service theft alarm message that comes on every time you start the car.

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
On earlier 9-5s, the option to disable the theft alarm failure message is in the SID programming section. It may still be there on the Dame Edna models.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
You need to make spare programming to TWICE and SID.
For that, you need TECH2.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I got the Tech 2 now but does someone know how to do it. I played around and I cant find anything about the siren. I tried TWICE,DICE,SID settings and I cant find it.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Ok, I got the Tech 2 now but does someone know how to do it. I played around and I cant find anything about the siren. I tried TWICE,DICE,SID settings and I cant find it.
I feel like I had figured this out at one point, and now I can't remember. Let me look at my Tech 2 tonight.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Please do, I have been haunted with that message for a long time now, which is the cause, I think, of me not being able to use the fobs.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I found it. It was in TWICE, Spare part programming and than I progammed it w/o Siren. I am so glad to get rid of this stupud message. Now just to figure out how to enable fobs to work. Second key now says "key not accepted" too...

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So originally 1 key would start the car, and spare one would say "Key not accepted" and neither fob worked to lock/unlock the car..After playing around with Tech 2 I was able to fix spare key so now both keys can start the car and I was able to program 1 key fob but not the spare one,spare fob still doesnt work. Not sure if batteries are dead but I will put new ones tomorrow and try.

Spare key wont flash seat belt warning sign after pressing unlock 8+ times. If its not batteries I am not sure what it is. But I am super happy about removing that stupid message and actually being able to use at least 1 fob.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
If you have "Theft Protection Failure" , you have some failure in alarm system. That is NOT siren battery message (which is Service theft alarm). Read DTCs and fix issue.
Did you also did key programming?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh well, removing siren when reprogramming TWICE removed that message for me and I did reprogram the keys, but I couldn't get 1 key fob to react so I will try new battery tomorrow. DTC was open Siren circuit B1785 that is gone now as well.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
So you had either bad siren (no communication) or broken siren wire.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
This car does not have a siren but it thought it does for some reason.
That's so weird! Did your car ever have its TWICE replaced?

I remember my previous 2004 would chirp (vs. honk) when I locked it. Always kind of liked that sound. My 2006 has always honked. It was probably a smart decision by GM/Saab to get rid of the alarm siren altogether. Seems like a very problematic part that is almost guaranteed to cause headaches at some point.

Oddly, with all that said, I kind of miss the "chirp" when I lock the car. I've actually thought of buying a rebuilt siren and programming it into my car.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not that I know, that message showed up on my car after a year of ownership. I didn't know about siren not being in some 2006+ models, I found out recently too but I do like honk sound better, I am almost embarrassed to lock/unlock my OG 93 in public :).

Edit: I just realized you like chirp better than Honk... I dont :)

This is from WIS:

and

1 - 19 of 19 Posts