SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to do some maintanence on the Viggen as the water pump was leaking and making a bit of noise. So far I am replacing the following:

*Water pump and water neck o-rings
*Alternator (works fine but has 110,000)
*Belt tensioner
*Idler pulley
*Serpentine belt
*Bead blasting the alternator bracket and power
steering pump bracket

Debating whether to drop the oil pan and check the screen as the car has had a diet of synthetic oil.

Also wondering if I should replace the upper and lower radiator hoses.

Anything else you can think of ???

·
Registered
246 Posts
Debating whether to drop the oil pan and check the screen as the car has had a diet of synthetic oil.

Without doubt drop the sump as fully synthetic oil and regular changes are NO guarantee of a sludge free engine. I would also fit the newest PCV kit available if it isn`t fitted already, this will be more important than bead blasting anything. Rad hoses would be replaced ONLY if , on inspection , they looked suspect (perished)

Kenny

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Without doubt drop the sump as fully synthetic oil and regular changes are NO guarantee of a sludge free engine. I would also fit the newest PCV kit available if it isn`t fitted already, this will be more important than bead blasting anything. Rad hoses would be replaced ONLY if , on inspection , they looked suspect (perished)

Kenny
Kenny,
Will do it. Thanks for the nudge...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.