SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe this awesome car is for sale, I'd have it like a shot if I had about £16,900 more than I have at present! ;oops:

2003 SAAB 9-5 2.3HOT Aero [250] 4dr Auto Saloon,
Petrol, 50,000 miles, . Silver.PAS, Sat Nav, Auto + paddle gear change,ABS,Air Con,A/Wheels,Clim/Cont C/Locking,E/M,EF/Seats E/W Cruise control, Reverse parking aid, H/F/R Seats,FDSH, Hirsch Stage 2 power upgrade and body kit (Main dealer Fitted)Manufacturers warranty till march 06 or 60K, Full Leather seats CD changer etc etc. £16,950. ovno.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=194372891

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=194372945

Gorgeous :p

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Must be getting old, i think the side skirts look a bit ricer. :eek: Can i have it minus the skirts in black please? ;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kermit said:
Must be getting old, i think the side skirts look a bit ricer. :eek: Can i have it minus the skirts in black please? ;)
Sure you buy it and I'll give you £25 for the skirts ;)

·
Banned
6 Posts
Chris 9-5 said:
I cant believe this awesome car is for sale, I'd have it like a shot if I had about £16,900 more than I have at present! ;oops:

2003 SAAB 9-5 2.3HOT Aero [250] 4dr Auto Saloon,
What is HOT Aero?
I live in the US, There is only Aero here.

Is it something that you guys made up? or Saab has that version in Europe?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oddferkout said:
High Output Turbo

It's what SAAB used to describe the Aero's engine. To my knowledge at least.
Thats right, 250 bhp from Saab and in this case an extra 30 from Hirsch ;)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
That's 'JohnM' from Surrey's Aero......:(

He only had all that stuff fitted to it last August......:cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
everywhere else i've seen it as FPT (full pressure turbo) not HOT. i know they mean the same. ah well, hot is a fairly apt word in itself!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
swiftpete said:
everywhere else i've seen it as FPT (full pressure turbo) not HOT. i know they mean the same. ah well, hot is a fairly apt word in itself!
IIRC Saab used the 'FPT' designation on T5 engines, and then changed to the 'HOT' designation for T7 engines.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I've just noticed the oddity that it's a MY03 but it's fitted with the pre-face lift early Aero/Airflow 17" wheels.......how odd. Although I do remember John saying that he was thinking about getting the 18" Hirsch wheels, so perhaps he had sold the 10-spoke wheels to help fund the 18", but then decided to sell the car and so picked up a cheap set of early Aero's to put on it to sell...????

As for ultimate Aero, Chris...hardly, not when there's a few Hirsch Troll-R's out there with the full 305hp kit, big brakes etc.,etc.
Not to mention that one on the Maptun site in Singapore with the full Hirsch bodykit, 19" wheels, AP brakes and Stage 5 package...!!!
http://www.maptun.com/cars.php?id=105

1 - 12 of 12 Posts