SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have decided to replace my stock tires on the ARC. After deciding to pick the Continental Etreme Contact I made a few phone calls to get prices. I was surprised to find that the same national tire store offered different prices at different locations. the store where I live came in $50 cheaper than the store downthe road from where I work.

I also called another national store that my work buys tires through, trying to see what our company price would be. I was surprised to find out the price was almost $200 more than the best price, and this is suppose to be a good deal bc we get "special price". :confused: When I told the salesman the price difference, he said well they charge $10 a wheel for mounting and balancing, I said that's still cheaper than your price, he offered to match the price if I could get written estimate from the competitor.

So I ordered my new tires and with mounting balancing and taxes, disposal I will pay $450 out the door. I can't wait to get the tires....:D

I guess it pays to shop around.

Peter

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Had I gotten 4 tires recently it would have been more than $1000. Since I only needed 3 it was only a bit more than $800. I could shop around I suppose, but I'm really happy with the service at NTB.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raven18940 said:
Had I gotten 4 tires recently it would have been more than $1000. Since I only needed 3 it was only a bit more than $800. I could shop around I suppose, but I'm really happy with the service at NTB.
Sounds like you run Ultra High Performance Summer tire, probably 17" or 18" for that price. I know what you mean about the service. I took my wifes car to the same store I'll be buying my tires from, not only do they have a good price but they do a good job and don't scratch the rims.

·
Registered
610 Posts
i just bought 4 toyo proxes 4's. $650 out the door (mounting, balancing, roadhazard warranty, the whole deal).

Great tires, really sticky too. Great for driving through the twisties:cheesy: .
Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts