SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently returned from a trip to Germany. My host there, who is a good friend of mine, purchased a Swedish "S" sticker/label that says Småland for my car during a trip to Sweden. My question is, should I put this sticker next to my license plate on the back of my car, or should I leave it off...what's the general opinion about this sort of thing?

Here is a photo of the sticker.

Attachments

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'd definetly look into that, dude. We don't want any SaabCentral members making bold and embarrassing statements concerning their private parts, now do we?

BEN

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I translated it using various different resources and it means: "Småland" - a province of Götaland, Swe.

Nothing embarrassing about that, thank goodness :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
:cheesy::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well now that you know what it means, feel free to put it on your car!

If you wanna know my opinion, I'd never put anything on the bumper/paint of my Saab. Glass is okay.

BEN

·
Registered
141 Posts
That's a nice sticker but it's not the official International Sweden sticker. Those are like all the others, a black S on in a white oval with a black outline. But it might be an official sticker from the province? In that case that would be even cooler.

btw In Swedish, Sweden is "Sverige" I think.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
ASboy_genius said:
I translated it using various different resources and it means: "Småland" - a province of Götaland, Swe.

Nothing embarrassing about that, thank goodness :)

Apart from the fact that people from Småland have a reputation of being terribly stingy :p

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mattlach,

Where was the typical place to put this sticker on ones car? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the new EU license plates say where the car's country of origin is, so stickers like this aren't used/needed any more?

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
ASboy_genius said:
Mattlach,

Where was the typical place to put this sticker on ones car? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the new EU license plates say where the car's country of origin is, so stickers like this aren't used/needed any more?
If I remember correctly - legally - you can put them anywhere on the rear of the car as long as they are visible.

Iv'e seen them next to license plates, below taillights, depending on the model of car and where it fits.

You are correct regarding the EU license plates like the one below:

Though these are still voluntary in most EU countries, so I don't think the stickers are going anywhere fast.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
Bilen måste också ha ett S-märke. Märket med bokstäverna Se gäller inte. Man kan antingen ha ett större klistermärke på bilen eller köpa en liten så kallad EU-dekal som fästs på bakre nummerskylten. Dekalerna säljs på vanliga bensinstationer. Den enda regeln är att dekalen inte får skymma eller kunna förväxlas med bilnumret.
Det är faktiskt straffbart att köra bil utanför Sverige utan S-märket.
It says you can either have a large sticker on the back of the car (doesn't specify where) or you can get a smaller EU, S sticker to put on the edge of the license plate, with the only requirement being that it is legible and doesnt block the license plate.

It is actually illegal to travel outside of the country in europe without a sticker like that.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mattlach said:
If I remember correctly - legally - you can put them anywhere on the rear of the car as long as they are visible.

Iv'e seen them next to license plates, below taillights, depending on the model of car and where it fits.

You are correct regarding the EU license plates like the one below:

Though these are still voluntary in most EU countries, so I don't think the stickers are going anywhere fast.
I like the cloisonne version that Saab sells. It's attractive, low-key, and features a small section of the Swedish flag. I know it's not an 'official' sticker but I liked it enough to put on the driver's (left here in US) side, lower left of the license plate on the back of the trunk lid.

http://www.saabcatalog.com/retail/images/family/big/403.jpg

X

·
0 Posts
Mattlach said:
Apart from the fact that people from Småland have a reputation of being terribly stingy :p
"Stingy" :eek: What as in wasp and jelly fish :cheesy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts