SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another completely insane idea from the mind you wouldnt want to see the inside of. I've been trying to come up with some very large scale public art ideas lately. The other day when I hit some rumble strips (dont know what they call them where you are, but they are either raised strips across the road or grooves that warn you -out in the country- of stop signs you may have missed whilst sailing along) any way, gave me an idea.
What if you grooved the pavement at precise measurements along a strip of road or highway such that when you went over it at a certain speed your entire car reverberated a song or a movement from a symphony. Kind of like driving along a giant player piano.
And how likely do you think my government would be to let me do this...and give me the grant and equipment and workers to do it?
My parents farm is in a beautiful area with minimal attractions to draw tourists in, and always looking for ways to draw people up from the city. What better way than to make the drive the attraction? Or so I would think.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I think it was done here in the US somewheres, that if you were driving the correct speed the song was at the right tempo. That would be a pretty cool thing to do, and if I hadn't heard of it from somewhere else, I would have never thought of it. Try convincing the gov't that you want to use it to deter speeders, they get a nice song if theyre driving at a good speed, but too fast, the song will drive them nuts and force them to slow down. :cool:

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh I cant believe its been done! Can anyone remember any details about this? I dont want to do anything that's been done. I googled and didnt come up with anything.

Of course, from a logistical point if its been done then I know it works.

Shoot, found it
http://technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News-Comments.asp?NewsNum=328
In Japan. Well maybe its still a good idea. Even if someone already did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts