SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I felt the need to show off my new project (daily driver!) with some before and after pictures. I recently purchased an 89 SPG parts car with the hopes of making my "S" live up to its potential!

Special thanks goes out to SaabDriver87 for all his time and help!

This is for all those who say "S"'s should be sold for turbos! :lol: Wait till spring time for the engine swap! :eek:

Enjoy!

Before

After!!

Before

After!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Nice. Where did you get all the parts from, and when are you going to lower it?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mag-X said:
Nice. Where did you get all the parts from, and when are you going to lower it?
Parts all came from that lovely 89 SPG in the background. Hopefully the roadhandling kit from the SPG will make its way come spring time...

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Great job! Looking good:cool:

What was wrong with the SPG:suprised; ?

That car has a nice body, very sexy too!:cool:

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I need to find a rusty shell of an early SPG and put all the parts on the 99. :cool:

·
Registered
185 Posts
mmustillo said:
Before and after is the same!!

No difference.. Anybody can change the wheels....

Sorry man.
Matti, Matti, slow down son, look learn and read.

There is a Aero/SPG body kit on here plus louvres (spelling?), wheels, exhaust and judging by the shell of the Aero/SPG a lot more has been transplanted.

Unlike neon lights there are more subtle differences to the Classics on this site, and usually it is a labour of great love, devotion and attention to detail.

·
Registered
825 Posts
hmm-.--.

watson said:
Matti, Matti, slow down son, look learn and read.

There is a Aero/SPG body kit on here plus louvres (spelling?), wheels, exhaust and judging by the shell of the Aero/SPG a lot more has been transplanted.

Unlike neon lights there are more subtle differences to the Classics on this site, and usually it is a labour of great love, devotion and attention to detail.
Hey hey hey hey :x ,

I did not mean it like that!!! GRRR. :nono;
And the Neon lights I put in my car just light it up inside douring night, it feals cousy and plesant... So your saying that when ill install tommorrow a DVD screen 7 inch Radio in my car that it is bad?

bye.

·
Registered
185 Posts
mmustillo said:
Hey hey hey hey :x ,

I did not mean it like that!!! GRRR. :nono;
And the Neon lights I put in my car just light it up inside douring night, it feals cousy and plesant... So your saying that when ill install tommorrow a DVD screen 7 inch Radio in my car that it is bad?

bye.
No, no Matt nothing is bad, as I said to you earlier it is your car and whatever you do if you are happy with it then that is all that matters.

You just have to realise that we are on a board which is full of love for a very old vehicle, it has a cult following for very good reasons, some sections of which are only interested in keeping them going, some sections continually try and improve by adding bits and pieces, but by and large most of us try and remain faithful to the original Saab philospophies etc, must also add that is is most probable that a large percentage of members here are a tad older so "we" :) are not the type that will add neon lights etc, but if you can appreciate the vehicle (which you quite obviously do) and want to add things to it, go for it, live your life and enjoy it, that is the way to go mate.

REMEMBER

Never take things personal here, it's just car talk.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
What a transformation , the skirts do magic . Well done to the installer , TOP job . NOW ... whaletail ??? :lol: Also think its crying out for a good tint .. ( personal preference )
keep up the great work ...

·
Registered
5,779 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Great job on the panel install

Dude great job on the car. Looks sweet. Lowered it'll look even better. I imagine the front extensions from the SPG were trashed, I notice they aren't on your S car. BTW, Saab has the regular extensions on their 1990 900 SPG in the GM heritage collection for some reason, they look so similar only saabisti like us would notice.

And re: the comment above. If it makes you feel any better, my mom cannot literally tell the difference between my Black 1993 900S 4 door parts car and my Talladega Red 1990 900 SPG 3 door baby. Literally, the best she can do is "one is black, one is red, the cars are the same". She has a PHD.

·
Registered
60 Posts
nashvegas said:
BTW, Saab has the regular extensions on their 1990 900 SPG in the GM heritage collection for some reason, they look so similar only saabisti like us would notice.
The guy I bought my 9000 from works for the Saab USA Heritage Collection and apparently they missed the memo about the extensions. It wasn't until a bunch of us pointed it out to them that they finally realized it. They also didn't know you could still get them new through Saab, because they were trying to pick them up used.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts