SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time since I posted. Admittedly because my 2007 9-5 Aero has been working so well. Been doing Mobil 1 every 5K, 1x tranny drain and fill every 15K, plugs (NGK BCPR7ES ) every 15K (Tuning by MPS Stage 1 tune), filters on schedule, etc. I even did the 100K brake fluid flush. Ended up having to replace both HID ballasts and bulbs. Got a used matched set of ballasts...been all good since. Bought it with 77.5K on it in April '16, just passed 150K last week. I'm still in love. :)

Reason for posting...over the last few months I've been getting more and more of the in idle and in-drive-foot-on-brake rumble...occasionally really, really bad. Some time ago I had bought the upper engine and tranny mounts and the lower tranny torque mount when I got them for half price at eEuroparts. I never took the time to replace them. Well, I did the two upper mounts tonight (yeah at 150K I know, dumb): 95% reduction in the rumble. Night and day. I had to get the garage cleaned up so the tranny torque mount will have to wait until next weekend. The two replaced mounts were COMPLETELY shot....I mean bad. If you're on the fence, don't wait.

I've read about so many people having this problem, mounts work for some, not for others, etc. etc. I gotta tell you...mounts made a HUGE difference for me. I still get the slightest clunk going into drive. I'm betting the new torque mount will help calm that down too.

Anyway, I just wanted to relay my experience with what seems to be a common issue.

Now...subframe bushings....hoo boy. I might suck it up and get someone to do them :)

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Are automatics more susceptible than stick shifts?

As regards the torque link, in case you’re unaware, it’s the rear bush that goes. I pushed mine (manual transmission) out with two thumbs and no tools. The front one is apparently much more durable.

Doug

1 - 3 of 3 Posts