SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So until I figured out that my hood was bent upwards at each corner above the headlites I couldn't be bothered with the rust... but with my wife and I jumping up and down on each end of the hood we got her pretty straight!
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46328&page=198

The rot in the rh fender had gotten pretty bad but it's the only significant rust anywhere on the vehicle--the only other rust is from chipped paint...

So I took a battery powered sawzall to the bone yard and found a decent fender to cut. Fender removal this way only took 15minutes!

Matching the cut areas from my car to the fender took several hours...
Then the welding and the grinding--my first time welding sheet metal--I'll pony up for a gas bottle and switch to mig next time. Still I'm pretty happy with how straight it all is and no more rust/rot.

The scary green is zinc cromate primer. This will prevent rust till I get to the next phase of bodywork prep. before paint... PAINT--Yup, I've decided to keep this body instead of looking for a better donor body.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
:eek: That came out really well!

Nice job!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I learned a lot. This was my first time welding sheet metal... Heavy metal is sooo much easier!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts