SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I don't post here very often, but I do read the forums quite a bit. I've been keeping my eye on the BSR Stage 1 PPC upgrade at the Parts for Saabs website and I've noticed that the price keeps dropping. It's currently down to $783.55 US. Which is a pretty good price for a +64 hp increase. Does anyone know why they keep dropping the price? Here is the website for reference. I'm asking mostly because I've been saving my money up to afford this upgrade for my 99' Saab 9-5 2.3L lpt. I'm afraid the price will jump back up to over a thousand again before I have the money. I'm in college so I'm poor....;oops:
Thanks

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Hi Sako, nice to see you posting!:)

That price looks like a very special deal from our friends at PFS, excellent as you say for an extra 64 bhp and a bucket full of torque ;)

Those guys at PFS are Saab enthusiasts themselves hence trying to get us all the very best deals :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed that it will last another week until I get my next pay check. That or the price goes down even further. ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Main reason the price keeps changing Sako are exchange rates. PFS are UK based so prices will fluctuate according to daily rates. :D

·
Banned
54 Posts
Hey SAKO! I don't know how you got that price. I went to that page, clicked "convert to US dollars" and the result was $919.81

Now how did you get that price of $783.55?

About being broke, I posted earlier this week that I was never gonna be able to upgrade. Until my credit card bank gave me an extra $2000 credit limit. Guess what I bought first?And I bought that K&N intake later see below:

What I am trying to say is, you do not have to be rich, just fix your credit if you don't have a good one. It takes a month or two sometimes. I will love to help you with that. My beacon score was pathetically 560 2 months ago, now it is 660.

Also, you and I have similar cars 1999 9-5 2.3 auto (Mine has very low mileage:52k) Please feel free to contact me [email protected] . I will let you know the performance difference.

Take care

PS (I paid about 442 English pounds, I have no idea how much was that)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
vardar said:
PS (I paid about 442 English pounds, I have no idea how much was that)
:eek: :eek: For the air filter :eek: :eek:

·
Banned
54 Posts
saabnc said:
Just be careful, I let mine keep dropping, it got to about 800 even. Then it started going up, and I ended up paying $810. $780 is excellent, get it asap :cheesy:
I am almost sure that they are monitoring here, and adjusting prices to make the most profit. And that is an excellent strategy!!
Bravo!

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
You did very well, over here we have to pay the government 17.5% tax on top :cry:

vardar said:
I am almost sure that they are monitoring here, and adjusting prices to make the most profit. And that is an excellent strategy!!
Bravo!
Its the currency exchange rate thats all!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Google "dollar sterling conversion" or "dollar sterling exchange rate". Such questions can be answered on your own with little effort instead of posting it on the forum.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
vardar said:
so how much dollars is 443 pounds?
thank you
About $785 :cheesy:

·
Banned
54 Posts
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
Google "dollar sterling conversion" or "dollar sterling exchange rate". Such questions can be answered on your own with little effort instead of posting it on the forum.
Why? While I can ask my new British fiends I made here? it is more convenient, and harmless.

Right?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
"friends" :lol:

No it is actually forum etiquette to answer your own questions if possible...and this is a very easy one to answer...at least for the moderately capable. :roll:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
Will all of that change if I power coat my wheels ricer gun metal gray? ;)
Nope we love powder coat ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
XAAMOTTOMAAX said:
Will all of that change if I power coat my wheels ricer gun metal gray? ;)
If you put a "shopping list" on your doors of all the mods you haven't made, our friendship is over. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts