SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked up a thin line to a 'T' in one of the vac hoses and with a hot engine revving at 3krpm drip fed in 1/2 second bursts 1L of water through it to see if it would shift any dry flakey stuff I saw in there yesterday. Quite alarming to see clouds of steam billowingnout of the exhaust :eek: so not something to do in the street. Took it for a blast round some country lanes straight after and it definatley seems to pull harder low down. We can't get Seafoam here in the UK so this is the next best thing. This could become part of my service schedule.I'm going to run some injector cleaner in the tank next - what is the best stuff that I can get in the UK - again the fabled Techron concentrate is not available here. It was

·
Registered
803 Posts
Shirozina said:
Hooked up a thin line to a 'T' in one of the vac hoses and with a hot engine revving at 3krpm drip fed in 1/2 second bursts 1L of water
Please tell me you meant to say distilled water.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about distilled water but then reasoned that the size and volume of particles likely to be precipitated out in one Litre is so low as to not be significant. Compared to the dirt and contaminants that pass through an air filter during the consumption of 100's of thousands (even millions!) of litres of air during normal driving. I saw that link here a few weeks ago and it was what prompted me to do it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Just curious

Is seafoam really that much better than most? My Saab Dealership and my indy mechanic both use BG 44K, and I had always heard that it was the best. Just differing opinions? Old info? Or are any of them good as long as they are made for this use?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BG 44K is available in the UK at nearly £25 ( 1/2 tank of petrol price:eek: ) for just over 300ml. The website has lots of the usual hype - anyone used it? Maybe I should just add a bit of sand to the water next time:cheesy:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Shirozina said:
BG 44K is available in the UK at nearly £25 ( 1/2 tank of petrol price:eek: ) for just over 300ml. The website has lots of the usual hype - anyone used it? Maybe I should just add a bit of sand to the water next time:cheesy:
lol not that again....

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Shirozina said:
I will trade bg 44k for fun U.K. stuff to circumvent the horrible exchange!:cheesy:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll swop it for UK tap water:cheesy: - there's a definate improvement in low down power and general smoothness of the delivery thereof. I'm also seeing some better mpg figures on my SID even after a couple of resets. I'll have to confirm this after a bit more driving and hope that the deposits don't come back before too long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts