SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 3357 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Man after reading this post, I am so tempted to get one of these. Where did you get the security software online and how easy was it to crack?

Thanks for posting.:suprised;

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Man after reading this post, I am so tempted to get one of these. Where did you get the security software online and how easy was it to crack?

Thanks for posting.:suprised;
It's easy, you install tis then copy like 2-3 files into the directory and its done. Ill try and find the link again and ill post it up. I didn't save it, only downloaded the file

·
Registered
302 Posts
I purchased the same exact kit from alibaba but from another seller, I think. It worked once then every single time afterwards kept giving me a "connect Candi module" or "Candi module not detected".

I sent the VCI, Candi, and cord back for fix over a month ago and have had a hard time getting timely answers from Steven Xiang.

Anyone else getting the constant "Candi" error? He also promised me a dongle for TIS, but still no joy.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I purchased the same exact kit from alibaba but from another seller, I think. It worked once then every single time afterwards kept giving me a "connect Candi module" or "Candi module not detected".

I sent the VCI, Candi, and cord back for fix over a month ago and have had a hard time getting timely answers from Steven Xiang.

Anyone else getting the constant "Candi" error? He also promised me a dongle for TIS, but still no joy.
Steven Xiang, I remember I messaged him probably 4-5 times and never got a response so I didn't by the kit from him. My kit didn't come with a dongle. I did 4 Saab's today at out local meet and worked on all.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Which one, Karp or North Shore? Karp wanted 200$ just to change anything on my car, for something that only takes 10 minutes that's just plain old highway robbery cuz they got us by the balls.
North Shore. They were not so bad the firs time I spoke to them, but after Saab closed up for good they jacked their prices up. The tech was a bit of a jerk too, but after I had one thing done there and spoke with him for 5 minutes he seemed to warm up and be fairly knowledgeable. I think it's the service writers, who work mostly on commission, that have gotten greedy and jacked up the prices. I am tempted to buy a clone Tech II just so I don't feed their greediness anymore....

Sean

·
Registered
794 Posts
It's easy, you install tis then copy like 2-3 files into the directory and its done. Ill try and find the link again and ill post it up. I didn't save it, only downloaded the file
Would still like to find that link.
I will not order until all ducks in a row!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
how are these clones holding up? can read live diagnostics?
Still holding up. I just read live readings earlier and it didn't have an issue with that.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Same. I'm trying to find it, but without it the Tech2 clone is a $400 paper weight. I just got a quote from Cathy and I'm seriously considering buying one.
I just filed a claim today against them. They pictured and listed the wall plug and USB dongle but never received it. Then she told me they aren't included. So I'm going to try and get some money back so I can make a purchase of a wall plug.

Just did an 07 today. Was having an issue where is alarm just kept going off and no idea why. He wanted his alarm shut off completely. Took a couple tries and different modules but I got it off

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just filed a claim today against them. They pictured and listed the wall plug and USB dongle but never received it. Then she told me they aren't included. So I'm going to try and get some money back so I can make a purchase of a wall plug.

Just did an 07 today. Was having an issue where is alarm just kept going off and no idea why. He wanted his alarm shut off completely. Took a couple tries and different modules but I got it off
As long as the thing works. I'm sure you can get a USB dongle and wall plug that would work with it at your local electronics supply outlet.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
isnt this the TIS2000 though? Cathy told me it's a dvd disc and not a dongle.
I went through the disk and all I found was manuals on how to use it. I couldn't find tis at all.

As long as the thing works. I'm sure you can get a USB dongle and wall plug that would work with it at your local electronics supply outlet.
Yea it works. I just filed a claim to either send me what you have pictured of refund me the $40 for a wall plug

I did some more playing around today. Did live readings. Everything worked. And I also did my tuners t7 car without an issue

·
Registered
660 Posts
I went through the disk and all I found was manuals on how to use it. I couldn't find tis at all.

Yea it works. I just filed a claim to either send me what you have pictured of refund me the $40 for a wall plug

I did some more playing around today. Did live readings. Everything worked. And I also did my tuners t7 car without an issue
great so you can't use it right out of the box. you have to go hunting for a cracked copy of TIS2000?

21 - 40 of 3357 Posts