SaabCentral Forums banner

3561 - 3580 of 3597 Posts

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Which Flash you use?
You need to use only version which comes with Global TIS. You also need to erase all other versions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I'm new to the forum, never before used one so not sure if I'm doing this right. In less than two weeks time I'm going to be driving a 2008 Saab 9-3, but it's a low spec level, I've been doing research over the past few days about how to add features like fog lights and found that anything I want to do is going to need the Tech2. I've been reading through some of the pages on this thread and think my best bet is to buy from chinacardiags, my question is, does everything I need to use security access come in the package (I'm in the UK, I've seen in some places people say the TIS2000 is different for American models). I have a virtual machine running XP, I'll need to get the serial port adaptor but I'm wondering if there's anything else?

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
it comes with software but it doesnt work. go to the software thread and download tis2000 crack, install and follow directions in readme.txt
make sure you buy correct usb adapter, also up top in the sticky threads

·
Registered
2 Posts
it comes with software but it doesnt work. go to the software thread and download tis2000 crack, install and follow directions in readme.txt
make sure you buy correct usb adapter, also up top in the sticky threads
Thanks! I tried installing a cracked one after searching through the web yesterday for hours but it had no instructions, I’ll give check them out

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've read that the newer clones have the MAX232 chip (over the MAX202). Is that true? I haven't seen anyone commenting on the reboots on startup in the last few years so I'm curious if they also fixed the DC-DC converter issues with voltage drops that a part swap fixed. Any updates on this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, use your tech2 to go and add/remove a module. When it gets to that screen where it says it needs access go into tis2000 and see if it grants you access.
hay diggs, after days and weeks, still no luck installing the provided Ts2000 files. the one from the cd has been reinstalled again,now with dongle and key. Tell me, im not connected to the car currently, but unlike what i mentions before about nothing happened when clicking "security access" on the screen, it now says its searching and i now can click sps mode. just wanted to know if this was indicative of any progress with the software or ay sign that maybe the cd can work? i know i would need to connect to car to definitively confirm of course, but just trying to see where im at. I seem to be the only one who encountered those errors trying to install the tis from dspargo etc
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 3.29.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 3.12.19 PM.png

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
try globaltis instead

·
Registered
56 Posts
try globaltis instead
sorry my accent, what i was asking is 1) what should happen when i press security access on the laptop? and 2) would it only make sense to try and press that when hooked up to the car? i was trying to see if there is a way to verify having security access before i go to my car (which is a few miles out).

Additionally, i seemed to have gotten the Installation to work using the files from the drive finally 🤕😤Screenshot below... but my questions still remain if you could give some insight here. Can i verify this prior to getting a ride to my car?

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just to offer some insight to anybody else that may come months or years later with the issues i had getting errors ,eldpaint,kernell.dll etc.

what i did was of course ,first of all, stubborn PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE.🙄☠

I decided to redownload the files again ,only this time on a different drive(flash,sd, etc) than the one i was using to download to my xp laptop. After that i inserted the new drive in my xp laptop and copied the entire folder from the drive to the desktop of the laptop(maybe it could have installed from the new drive,i didnt try) Then i proceeded to the steps in the Read me.txt, i did encounter a registry error when installing the DDINST driver file "error: ssi parallel Installation" but i decided to ignore and proceed with the instructions.

So far everything seems to be installed i havent used the software to do anything yet tho, just thought i offer something in case someone one day is as desperate as me to solve an issue similar.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I feel your pain! I too have been having no luck with getting security access with my Tech 2 i bought about 2 months ago from Chinadiag. I bought an old dell 620 laptop with a 9 pin serial port and loaded XP pro on it (32 bit) and installed all the necessary drivers and updates. It connects to the internet and I can use a browser on it to download files. I installed the TIS2000 cracked files and moved/copied the appropriate files to the respective locations as stated in the reame.txt file. I have also done the loopback test on the Tech 2 and it passes all the tests. I am able to view the Tech 2 on the TIS2000 software (the connection from the RJ45 to the serial connector works) and can move thru all the menu items. I have connected the Tech 2 to my 2007 9-3 and was able to download the VIN. Everytime I try to get security access it goes thru some communications with the Tech 2 and always fails saying it cannot connect with the Tech 2. I have reformatted the laptop 4 times and reinstalled XP and updated the drivers each time. I have reinstalled TIS2000 each time and get the exact same message when trying to get security access I then used a different XP DVD to see if my original XP was bad, but still get the same results I have downloaded TIS2000 from another location on the internet and still the same results. I have tried the TIS2000 that came with the unit along with the little USB dongle, but it does not work either. I just bought another computer (not Dell) which has a 9 pin serial port and will try loading TIS2000 on it. I wont get the laptop until this Friday.

I have also tried different RJ45 to 9 pin serial cables (I made one myself and used my cable tester to make sure of continuity and proper pinout) with the same outcome. The Tech 2 works well with normal diagnostics when connected to my Saab I just cant get security access because of a communications error between the TIS2000 and Tech 2. If the new laptop does not work, I am going to try to load globaltis. I was trying to eliminate any variable to try to isolate the problem with communications. At this point I am pretty confident that my cable is good, my XP loads are good. I still dont know about the cracked TIS2000 or my Tech 2.

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
you cant get security access until the tech2 asks for it. what happens is the tech2 loads up your VIN so when TIS2000 asks for it the tech2 can supply it.

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
I feel your pain! I too have been having no luck with getting security access with my Tech 2 i bought about 2 months ago from Chinadiag. I bought an old dell 620 laptop with a 9 pin serial port and loaded XP pro on it (32 bit) and installed all the necessary drivers and updates. It connects to the internet and I can use a browser on it to download files. I installed the TIS2000 cracked files and moved/copied the appropriate files to the respective locations as stated in the reame.txt file. I have also done the loopback test on the Tech 2 and it passes all the tests. I am able to view the Tech 2 on the TIS2000 software (the connection from the RJ45 to the serial connector works) and can move thru all the menu items. I have connected the Tech 2 to my 2007 9-3 and was able to download the VIN. Everytime I try to get security access it goes thru some communications with the Tech 2 and always fails saying it cannot connect with the Tech 2. I have reformatted the laptop 4 times and reinstalled XP and updated the drivers each time. I have reinstalled TIS2000 each time and get the exact same message when trying to get security access I then used a different XP DVD to see if my original XP was bad, but still get the same results I have downloaded TIS2000 from another location on the internet and still the same results. I have tried the TIS2000 that came with the unit along with the little USB dongle, but it does not work either. I just bought another computer (not Dell) which has a 9 pin serial port and will try loading TIS2000 on it. I wont get the laptop until this Friday.

I have also tried different RJ45 to 9 pin serial cables (I made one myself and used my cable tester to make sure of continuity and proper pinout) with the same outcome. The Tech 2 works well with normal diagnostics when connected to my Saab I just cant get security access because of a communications error between the TIS2000 and Tech 2. If the new laptop does not work, I am going to try to load globaltis. I was trying to eliminate any variable to try to isolate the problem with communications. At this point I am pretty confident that my cable is good, my XP loads are good. I still dont know about the cracked TIS2000 or my Tech 2.
Have you tried lowering the baud rate on your COM port on your laptop?

"I lowered the baud rate on the com port to the next down from 15200 to 57600 in both Globaltis and device manager on windows, and this worked."

9600 is what I would try.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've read that the newer clones have the MAX232 chip (over the MAX202). Is that true? I haven't seen anyone commenting on the reboots on startup in the last few years so I'm curious if they also fixed the DC-DC converter issues with voltage drops that a part swap fixed. Any updates on this?
I will reply to my own post for others since no one chimed in and I have since bought a new one. I didn't open it up to see the Max chip but can confirm that the brand new ones still reset on startup (DC-DC voltage drop).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Diggs! Thanks for trying to help with this. I've tried all the available baud rates matching the tech 2 to the serial port on the laptop. I also rebooted the laptop each time i changed the baud rate on the laptop just in case it needed it. I made sure to match baud rates with the Tech 2 each time. I got the same error message about not being able to communicate. I didnt mention that I also tried a usb to serial cable to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately i got the same results. I'll keep you updated on my results when i get my other laptop on Friday.

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
Hi Diggs! Thanks for trying to help with this. I've tried all the available baud rates matching the tech 2 to the serial port on the laptop. I also rebooted the laptop each time i changed the baud rate on the laptop just in case it needed it. I made sure to match baud rates with the Tech 2 each time. I got the same error message about not being able to communicate. I didnt mention that I also tried a usb to serial cable to see if that would make a difference. Unfortunately i got the same results. I'll keep you updated on my results when i get my other laptop on Friday.
try globaltis first while you wait

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good idea! I will start loading it this evening on my Dell 620. I'll also reformat the hard drive and load a clean install of XP too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
You will need a device with a physical UART on it for old RS232 signaling, not a USB-Serial buffer like the cheap conversion cables have. Check the specs of the "serial adapter' and make sure it denotes that it has an onboard UART chip.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used a USB to serial cable that uses a UART with Prolific 2303 drivers. Windows XP sees it and it works with the Tech 2 to view the device on the laptop. I can go thru all the menu items in the TIS2000 using the USB to serial cable or the RJ45 to 9 pin serial cables. It just wont allow me security access for some reason.

BTW - I downloaded a copy of Serial_Port Monitor from Eltima software. It monitors the traffic from the serial port. Its really handy when trying to troubleshoot serial connectivity issues. Its a 14 day free trial, but it helped me see the traffic going to and from the Tech 2 and 9 pin serial port on my laptop.

·
Super Moderator
19,794 Posts
Have you checked that all pins are making contact in the serial adapter? Tried another ethernet cable? I've heard of some serial adapters being wired incorrectly before as well,not sure what all wires are used to transmit data.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If it was the connection it would not be handshaking at all. Your either get serial handshake or not so it sounds like the hardware is software locked from serial comm?

3561 - 3580 of 3597 Posts