SaabCentral Forums banner

3541 - 3560 of 3597 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
just updating DIggs, when last has anybody used these files,if you dont mind... still no progress on my installing since we last spoke,i have tried so many different fixes,reading researching and ... nothing ,

I dont know if the tis2000 files has corrupted since recent or if something is wrong with my installs. I tried first on Newly XP downgraded laptop,getting errors everytime i try to open the files(setup,ddr..etc) mostly .DLL errors,KERNEL32.DLL(screenshts below)...So thinking the problem was my install,i went to my mac and installed VMWARE for Virtual machine with XP,got XP running but im getting the same exact errors as the laptop(mind you the laptop was installed via CD and the VM was with a diff ISO install file)

do you think the issue is my OS or something? or can someone test the TIS2000 files in the drive folder to ensure they are still active, I cant undersatnd why i would get the same errors on different OS platforms and different Install CDs. I now have 2 laptops with XP and have yet to get pass the "Install Setup.exe" in the TIS2000 Folder

View attachment 274613 View attachment 274614 View attachment 274615
I guess try globaltis instead.

·
Registered
2002 Saab 9-5 Aero, 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear
3 Posts
By chatting and emailing with chinacardiags I got them to knock $20 off their current price for the
Vetronix GM Tech 2 Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner for GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU with Candi interface + tis2000 Case Pack Saab Tech II

To do this I clicked on the link to the item in 1Audio's thread on page 174 of this post. There was a yellow box listing a number of coupon codes with instructions at the bottom to "Contact us to get better price: whatsapp: +8618223445829". (The yellow box with this info does not show if you go directly to the item on chinacardiags.com by typing the website name in the Google address bar and then searching for Saab). Rather than contact them through WhatsApp, I started a chat on the web page asking what their best price would be and entered my email address when prompted for their reply. Within 1/2 hour they emailed me saying they would drop the price from $329 to $309, stating I could pay $309 directly into their paypal account (which was provided in the email). After a few more emails I had my order in and $309 payment made directly into their account and verification that they would be shipping the item ASAP.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I guess try globaltis instead.
yahDiggs, i was installing the global tis with VmWare Fusion ,on my mac, made it all the way to 98% and spit a another error. "E4931 component or element installation failed". I have no idea whats going man.
20200713_123519.jpg
Errors on 2 Diff platforms.

Anyway i went ahead and popped in the Tis2000 cd that came with the kit into the Xp Laptop and it seemed to have installed,
how would i know if its registered up to par or ready to go in use in the field.?

i know you recommended using the provided cd as a cup coaster but, i just had to try because nothing else was working man..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Some things are very easy to do. Like add aux mode. Simply go to add/remove and there it is. Other things can be harder to do. I've never done other GM cars because I don't have the GM card. Only got the Saab card
sup GTurner, i saw alot of linkfor serial to usb adapters,which on u finally recommend and also what is the rs232 to ethernet looking cord for that cam with kit? can that be used instead of the rs232 to usb or something.? or is it where you would be attaching the adapter to connect to PC?

back story i had so much errors trying to install tis2000 the way everyone was able to,dont know if the files are corrupted or just both my computers,. so i went ahead and used the non recommended cd that came with my kit and tech ii is installed it seems. i have no way of knowing if it is cracked. After i installed i skipped to the part of the writeup on this side for cracking the tis, that is moving id.lll and the other files in to the requested folders.

how can i know if its cracked? can it not be cracked with the provided CD?
and you final answer on the usb to rs232 cord

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
Well, use your tech2 to go and add/remove a module. When it gets to that screen where it says it needs access go into tis2000 and see if it grants you access.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, use your tech2 to go and add/remove a module. When it gets to that screen where it says it needs access go into tis2000 and see if it grants you access.
i would be able to do this with everything sent in the kit?

i feel maybe i didnt mention enough, i kept seeing where people were mentioning needing to purchase a serial to USB adapter to function everything. Did i overlook this before i asked the previous question?. if so pardon me.

if i am able to use what i assumed it should be hooked up to the car with the laptop to tech ii?

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
What model is your laptop? It either has a serial port or it doesn't. If it doesn't, then yes you need an adapter.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up a Tech 2 last week and a Windows XP laptop which I've been seeing on line that the GlobalTIS software will only run on XP?
I have a couple questions and it seems like this is the right place to ask them.

Has anyone gotten TIS to run on a more recent Windows OS?

What browser is everyone using running the TIS software on XP?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
Just run XP and use TIS2000. There is no browser, TIS2000 is a program.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok thanks. I was trying to use Chrome today to get to my files on Google Drive but Chrome is mostly incompatible with XP but I'll figure it out.

I thought I read in the forums to use GlobalTIS instead of TIS2000 can you clear that up a little?

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
the old *** internet explorer should still be able to get the files, otherwise use a flashdrive and another computer.

use either tis2000 or globaltis

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this unit. Anyone familiar with these guys ? I have a 99 9-3 convertible with abs, airbag AND convertible top issues and a super healthy 08 9-5 as I'mso a tech 2 would certainly make my life easier and the $300 landed price seems great.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just got the adapter today, can i check for security access at home or do i need to get to the car to check it?

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
just got the adapter today, can i check for security access at home or do i need to get to the car to check it?
Tech2 will tell you when to get security access.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Once security access is activated for the vin is it stored in the tech II?....as in the computer can go back to sleep in its death crypt in the basement as long as I stay on that vehicle (vin)?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tech2 will tell you when to get security access.
I followed instructiosns that lead to tthese dialogs. When i click security access it says m327 switching to applixation, then the light in bottom goes to greenz,but nothing happens after it says ,"ready".. i am goin to try and troubleshoot somemore today keep u posted
20200724_154048.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
hmmm. a new window should pop up when you click that. have you installed and tried globaltis instead?

Reactions: AVguy

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
also when tech 2 gets to that screen you did unplug it right? unplug it from car then plug it back in so it can power up. leave it on sabb screen. plug tech2 into computer, open tis2000, click security

3541 - 3560 of 3597 Posts