SaabCentral Forums banner

3521 - 3540 of 3597 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
Ok been "extracting the main application files for over an hour now" Progress bar :(Empty)0%
It's 2.8 gigabytes. That will take awhile depending on how old/slow your PC is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Awesome, now we are getting somewhere. Do you have WIS? It has fault finding based on codes you can go through. Considering you have open circuit and short codes from CIM to SCL and to ISM it sounds like CIM is most likely bad.

or if using XP, here:

ohhhhh,, ok this is where i confused myself. SOrry for the inconenient posts and mixup. when u mentioned to get it from downloads i assumed it to be somthing more than a Reference System,thinking it was a big software or something.. ok so why does the WIS matter for XP of WINDOWS 10, anyway. Moreover, I still dont have WIS For reference or anythingm as the downloads didint work(still looking).

Seeing as how TIS is what i need more importantly, do i just use the cd that came with my kit to instal on my laptop or download from somwhere here(i downdloaded some tis files from here months ago,just not sure if it was better or safer than my provided cd) any links here too?

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
No, throw away the disc that came with it. Go into the downloads google docs page where you wound WIS and download TIS2000 crack, unzip it and put the contents on your computer, read the readme.txt to see what files you need to move around on your computer. Install it and follow the directions. Pretty sure there is a whole how-to post on here to follow as well up at the top of the forum.

There is!
Setting up TIS2000 and GlobalTIS
Post #4

;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
No, throw away the disc that came with it. Go into the downloads google docs page where you wound WIS and download TIS2000 crack, unzip it and put the contents on your computer, read the readme.txt to see what files you need to move around on your computer. Install it and follow the directions. Pretty sure there is a whole how-to post on here to follow as well up at the top of the forum.

There is!
Setting up TIS2000 and GlobalTIS
Post #4

;)
HA! :) you the man DIGGS just when i heard your email come tru, i was just 1/3 of the way reading this page, so least im on the right track there, im donwloading the file "TIS2000" (i saw Global tis too but left it) then the file shows up as "TIS2000 Dongle Crack.7z" sound bout right? Anyway the files are extracting going to try and autorun file and see what happens

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
yup
follow the readme.txt (I think it was Chinese translated to English or something, it's hard to follow lol) and read that post to make sure you set it up correctly.

·
Super Moderator
19,795 Posts
Also, the post says you need 2 computers and a flash drive. You don't. Just download 7zip and install it. THen use it to extract the TIS2000 crack 7zip file onto your computer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Also, the post says you need 2 computers and a flash drive. You don't. Just download 7zip and install it. THen use it to extract the TIS2000 crack 7zip file onto your computer.
Another day on my anxiety. Sorry Diggs,looks like its goin to take a while before things get going, none of the files are settingup to install. Getting errors, failed to initialze properly/the procedure entry point etc... so looks like ihave to go 2 steps back to troubleshoot something else again before i get to troubleshooiting the actual problem. Thanks for all ya help to day bro, will try and keep u update once things start progressing somehow
Looks

·
Registered
2009 GMC Yukon XL
2 Posts
Howdy,

Has anyone seen their card change sizes on the main screen? I moved the card to the lower slot and it worked in my GMC with the CANDI but would not work on our Pontiac Montana. After giving the Tech-2 a thorough going over, the card was moved back to the upper slot and it worked in the Montana again. But it soon started switching from showing a capacity of 32MB to 10MB.

Last night on a long drive, I tried to run the Tech-2 on the Montana and it would not communicate again. Card said 10MB but if you went into a menu and back out to splash screen it said 32MB. Still would not work.

This is not a Saab card of course, but GM 33.004 NAO card. Anyone experienced this before? I need to diagnose some older pre-Can Bus vehicles and want to know if the card is going bad before buying another. The Tech-2 was made in 2017 and is identical to a Vetronix unit from 2010, probably out of the same Chicom factory but was 1/10th the cost.

Everything works but has a RTC Failure even though I've replaced the internal battery. This machine has seen continuous, almost daily use since purchase.

TIA - James

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
You have chinese clone. I have heard this issue with them.
Only solution is move card between slots.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I never got tis2000 to work. I do have the globaltis iso and crack on my Google drive for those who are interested. For serial to USB I use the sabernet branded one that says ftdi chip (ftdi very important)

Follow the instructions in the crack and it works for me every time. Security access validated no issues and no dongle needed.

I know this iso disappeared from the interwebs some time ago, I just happen to need it again to make new keys and had a copy from a few years back (new to me 07 2.8 sportcombi)

I run this on a laptop with latest windows 10 enterprise so no compatibility issues from the OS

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I have read a good portion of this board but I am hoping that someone can help clarify what I need.

I have a 1999 Saab 9-3 SE convertible. I would like to get a Tech 2 for mainly this car. I have no problem with a clone. Can someone tell me what I need to get to access all possibilities for a 1999 Saab. Key/radio programming, diagnostics and syncing the convertible top. Do I need security access? What addons do I need? Do I need cracked TIS access, Candi? Is there a way to get around the win XP issue? Will virtual XP work? Is there something that will work with win 7 or 10. Do I even need that?

Can someone let me know best link to buy the device and all needed?

Thank you.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Nope, a 1999 won't need security access, and definitely not CANdi. Just about everything you mention can be done with a Tech II with a V148 card. The only thing you couldn't do is install updated software to the ECU, TCU, ACC. (Maybe a few others, but those three are all that I could select on a 2003 9-5.)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nope, a 1999 won't need security access, and definitely not CANdi. Just about everything you mention can be done with a Tech II with a V148 card. The only thing you couldn't do is install updated software to the ECU, TCU, ACC. (Maybe a few others, but those three are all that I could select on a 2003 9-5.)
EdT, can you confirm that on a 99 9-3 you DO NOT need a Candi to connect , just the tech II through the obd2 port ? The used unit I looked at seemed like the Candi was not working. If candi IS NOT required I will go see if it connects go my 99 and make an offer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just updating DIggs, when last has anybody used these files,if you dont mind... still no progress on my installing since we last spoke,i have tried so many different fixes,reading researching and ... nothing ,

I dont know if the tis2000 files has corrupted since recent or if something is wrong with my installs. I tried first on Newly XP downgraded laptop,getting errors everytime i try to open the files(setup,ddr..etc) mostly .DLL errors,KERNEL32.DLL(screenshts below)...So thinking the problem was my install,i went to my mac and installed VMWARE for Virtual machine with XP,got XP running but im getting the same exact errors as the laptop(mind you the laptop was installed via CD and the VM was with a diff ISO install file)

do you think the issue is my OS or something? or can someone test the TIS2000 files in the drive folder to ensure they are still active, I cant undersatnd why i would get the same errors on different OS platforms and different Install CDs. I now have 2 laptops with XP and have yet to get pass the "Install Setup.exe" in the TIS2000 Folder

Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 5.20.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 5.20.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 5.19.48 PM.png

·
Registered
2002 Saab 9-5 Aero, 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear
3 Posts
ohhhhh,, ok this is where i confused myself. SOrry for the inconenient posts and mixup. when u mentioned to get it from downloads i assumed it to be somthing more than a Reference System,thinking it was a big software or something.. ok so why does the WIS matter for XP of WINDOWS 10, anyway. Moreover, I still dont have WIS For reference or anythingm as the downloads didint work(still looking).

Seeing as how TIS is what i need more importantly, do i just use the cd that came with my kit to instal on my laptop or download from somwhere here(i downdloaded some tis files from here months ago,just not sure if it was better or safer than my provided cd) any links here too?
I ran across this forum as I was online trying to decide which one of the hundreds of Tech 2 clones to buy to diagnose and program my 2002 9-5 Aero and 2005 9-3 linear. Was feeling dazed and confused trying to decide which brands would actually work reliably but once I started reading the posts here, I was able to relax knowing that there was a reasonably priced option that has worked for many Saab owners. I will be ordering the
Vetronix GM Tech 2 Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner for GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU with Candi interface + tis2000 Case Pack Saab Tech II from Chinacardiags.com once they answer my question about whether they can offer a better price (they had a message up to contact them for a better price so I decided to give it a shot). Even if I have to pay the current list price of $329 because I have two new keys for the 9-3 to program so I will recoup most of the price on that alone considering the closest dealer with a Tech 2 wants around $250 to do this and it will cost me $8 in gas and much time to drive there.

The best part of all of this is I now know where to go to get the specific instructions I need to set it up properly (something I was really worried about considering the poor caliber of instruction manuals for items coming out of China).

Cudos to you guys for keeping this forum running for so many years! I will most likely be asking you questions about Tech 2 set up and use a few weeks from now.

·
Registered
2002 Saab 9-5 Aero, 2005 Saab 9-3 Linear
3 Posts

I ran across this forum as I was online trying to decide which one of the hundreds of Tech 2 clones to buy to diagnose and program my 2002 9-5 Aero and 2005 9-3 linear. Was feeling dazed and confused trying to decide which brands would actually work reliably but once I started reading the posts here, I was able to relax knowing that there was a reasonably priced option that has worked for many Saab owners. I will be ordering the
Vetronix GM Tech 2 Tech2 Diagnostic Scanner for GM/SAAB/OPEL/SUZUKI/ISUZU with Candi interface + tis2000 Case Pack Saab Tech II from Chinacardiags.com once they answer my question about whether they can offer a better price (they had a message up to contact them for a better price so I decided to give it a shot). Even if I have to pay the current list price of $329 because I have two new keys for the 9-3 to program so I will recoup most of the price on that alone considering the closest dealer with a Tech 2 wants around $250 to do this and it will cost me $8 in gas and much time to drive there.

The best part of all of this is I now know where to go to get the specific instructions I need to set it up properly (something I was really worried about considering the poor caliber of instruction manuals for items coming out of China).

Cudos to you guys for keeping this forum running for so many years! I will most likely be asking you questions about Tech 2 set up and use a few weeks from now.

The WIS and EPC/EAC downloads on this forum WIS and EPC for Windows 10 (the link provided by Diggs 9 days ago) worked for me just about an hour ago. The WIS did take some time and I wondered if it was working because the status monitor did not really function the way it normally does but I just waited it out and in the end I am able to use WIS in Windows 10 now instead of pulling out my ancient XP laptop.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Hi EdT,
Thank you for the reply. What would I need to do for ECU, TCU and ACC?
To update the software, you'd need the laptop with the proper software and the cable connection. Honestly, I'm not sure why you would need to update the software, and getting all that to work can be a big hassle. I did it for fun, but only to the ACC because there's always a chance that you might brick a module.

For regular diagnostics and adjustments, including ECU, TCU, and ACC, all you need is the basic Tech II with the proper software; no CANdi required.

3521 - 3540 of 3597 Posts