SaabCentral Forums banner

3501 - 3520 of 3542 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Might be far enough. Plug it into the car and does it fire up?
Was up Diggs, this what i got. Seeming like what we were saying before it regards to cim. I have not ran for codes with key turn yet. I got this code because when i was about to turn the key, the tech ii offered me an option "if my key is blocked,exit for codes" so i disengaged the bypass to see and this is what i got. Just an update. Im doubting this is something that can be cleared with tech ii but what do you think none the less and or my next steps possibly are.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Sounds like a new SCL is in order.

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Awesome, now we are getting somewhere. Do you have WIS? It has fault finding based on codes you can go through. Considering you have open circuit and short codes from CIM to SCL and to ISM it sounds like CIM is most likely bad.

or if using XP, here:

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Also, before doing anything else go into Add/Remove, go down to CIM. Add. Answer questions based on your car equipment. See if that does anything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bless Diggs

, 1) and you feel it would be wiser to replace cim than continue with press button bypass?

2) yea i saw a wis cd in the kit, im guessing once i insert cd, steps should b str8fwd? ( i can scour some threads if need b) im downgradee from vista to xp

3)i had breifly tried a live engine test with tech ii as well, i was trying to see if i could detect any indication of events suggestive or related to coolant pressure system/head gasket/combustion leaks in the readings. I understand its probably no direct answers for such but ya knw. I saw some items mention combustion(2cylinders tho)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Pardon the load of questions esp #3, i maybe should stay focused on the current matter were addressing for now, and dive into that in the latter of everything, appreciate the love every1

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
Really depends on how much these items cost to get to Jamaica from USA or if they are available locally.
I would use the WIS from the downloads.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Awesome, now we are getting somewhere. Do you have WIS? It has fault finding based on codes you can go through. Considering you have open circuit and short codes from CIM to SCL and to ISM it sounds like CIM is most likely bad.

or if using XP, here:

aye diggs should i be hesitant as this download for wis shows WINDOWS 10 64 bit.. i have a xp laptop.. i tried the second link and was directed to a files name wis..64 bit windows 10. Im downloading it none theless in case it is ok. ANd i noticed other items for download, should i only be downloading the wis for what im doing with a new tech ii?

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
try it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just received my tech 2! Took about a month or maybe a little more to get here, but it has everything included and the outlet power supply i heard a lot of them are missing. Got it from Chinacardiags

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
thats the prompt for you to get security access through TIS2000. Next time you go through the same steps to get to whatever you were trying to do that screen wont come up it will just go ahead and do what you ask it to as you will have security access.

·
Registered
46 Posts
thats the prompt for you to get security access through TIS2000. Next time you go through the same steps to get to whatever you were trying to do that screen wont come up it will just go ahead and do what you ask it to as you will have security access.
well i actually was trying the steps you mentioned for add/cim etc(a few posts ago) this was before i tried installing wis if i didnt mention. Are you saying that this (pic) wont happen again IF in fact i have the WIS installed already? or do you mean in general?

Because i still havent made any progress on installing the WIS ,The install is showing "Extracting main applications files"with 0 progress. Im combing threads for another download, any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
You don;t need WIS to use your tech2, just TIS2000.

Reactions: Saab9-3ss

·
Super Moderator
19,646 Posts
WIS is just basically a workshop manual like a Haynes manual, only electronic.

3501 - 3520 of 3542 Posts