SaabCentral Forums banner

3381 - 3394 of 3394 Posts

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
Is the rear of the odometer removable i.e. connected by a ribbon cable? You should prob check with the 9000 workshop, but you can probably do the same trick with that cluster.
Thank you.
I think I will send my functioning Speedo, and non working speedo to a repairer and get him to swap the odometer module.

Not sure I want to do it!

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I got my Tech 2, have had a play, potentially discovered the problem with one of my 9000's. A fuel injector related issue.

So inspite of the 44.000 card being expensive, I am happy. Will turn off the SRS light in my car later today, hopefully!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone know what happens here and there is a buzzing noise from the plug/connector into the VCI when this happens:

After I changed the clock to year 2000 - it only peeped once at the start.
It works in the car. And does not do this.
Now when I need to connect it to the computer more - make cards and so on, Id like this problem to go.
The longer its on from a battery or with an AC/DC adapter from the wall - the longer it takes before I can start it again.
The power converter has been changed. Sory for the quality of the pic:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Does anyone know what happens here and there is a buzzing noise from the plug/connector into the VCI when this happens:

After I changed the clock to year 2000 - it only peeped once at the start.
It works in the car. And does not do this.
Now when I need to connect it to the computer more - make cards and so on, Id like this problem to go.
The longer its on from a battery or with an AC/DC adapter from the wall - the longer it takes before I can start it again.
The power converter has been changed. Sory for the quality of the pic:
Are you doing that to a Saab with a Suzuki card ? I don't know much about tech 2, is the Suzuki info compatible with the saab info? Or are you just searching for general knowledge about the tech 2?

·
Registered
21 Posts
No no =) Had Suzuki card just happened to be in on the bench ;)
That was the latest card I wrote. Have a friends Jimny I want to try to find a solution to a problem to.
My problem is with every card - on bench - the Tech2 wont restart because of some problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Mimmi (Im from Finland =) ) - Yes I have done it and after that, it doesnt peep more than once.
Something is wrong though - I dont remember seeing that starting image before: at 0:13 and 1:28 - when it peeps.
Still the problem with hanging up when I press Power - specially if I use it longer than couple of minutes:

But is it the VCI or is it the main board?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Have you tried with another (different) card?
Your TECH2 says "waiting for download" at start up. Usually it says only when it needs to download sw to card.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The first video is with new made Suzuki card. That was the reason I started to worry for this behavior - it has alsways done this boot up hang up - but because I havent been using it on the bench more than to go through the self tests, I havent cared about it.
The second video is with an old Saab card i have had since I bought the device.
Its the same. With both cards.
And this: Waiting for download - started to happen after I wrote two cards with this method: wiki:writing_pcmcia_cards_using_tech2_card_writer [TECH2WIKI.COM]

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
So your download write is not finished. Try to write card again. You have to wait rebooting before disconnect/shut off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So. A moment ago I took out the laptop to start writing the cars over again. Took out the loop-connector and Powered up Tech2.
The start window looked perfect! The text wasnt all around like in the videos above.
So I took out the card that was in it - and changed it to one of the cards I had written before - the same: perfect start up.
I changed cards five times with perfect start up and the sixth time, it looked the same as above video. The startup test-text is all over the place again.
When I wrote the two cards (900/9000 and Suxuki card from 1990's) both times there was a success window in the end, before I tried to reboot (that doesnt work when Tech2 has been active for a longer time).
So in my interpretation, its something that gets warm? Disturbed at least.
But - is the problem in the VCI or in the main unit? If I do buy a new VCI and the problem still presists....

3381 - 3394 of 3394 Posts