SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3354 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Well, as most of you probably already know, i couldnt stand wondering if these china tech 2's worked or not. So after a couple weeks of searching around the internet i finally picked one i would try. I searched all over ebay and aliexpress. ebay was way to expensive for their clones. cheapest i could find at the time was $800 and went all the way up to $2000+. so i messaged everyone on ebay to see if they would price match. not one person would and all said they had the best product and didnt come from the same cheap places everyone elses came from. i messaged 10 people on aliexpress asking questions, not one person has yet to get back to me. i even tried the live chat thing and i still had no luck. i only had one company email me back from alibaba. they were very fast to respond and answered all of my questions. i exchanged emails with her for about 3 days before i finally decided to purchase a tech 2 clone. I ordered it on a tuesday and i picked it up at fed ex friday (i missed the fed ex guy and you have to sign for it). Yes, it only took 3 days! So here it is....

http://sinofx.en.alibaba.com/product/873695896-218306821/GM_tech2_Tech_2_Opel_SAAB_Isuzu_Suzuki_Holden_vetronix_GM_tech_2.html?edm_src=sys&edm_type=fdbk&edm_grp=0&edm_cta=read_msg&edm_time=realtime&edm_ver=e

I paid $367 for it. wasn't the cheapest i found but like i said, only one i got a response from somebody. the quality of this is amazing. i wouldnt never be able to tell it was a clone. the only thing i noticed was that it didnt come with a house plug like the original picture had shown. i did email the seller back so we will see what they say about that. i hooked it up to my car and was able to read all the saab specific codes. i went to add aux mode and it said i needed to get security access. which i need the house charger to power the tech 2. so that is where i am at right now. i will report back once i attempt the security access part.

EDIT: So I didn't see a tis2000 disk included in my bundle. But about 2 weeks ago I found a copy. So I downloaded it and I hacked it. What does that mean? No subscription to GM!! So it detected my vin number approved security access and boom, I have aux mode. So to sum it all up. IT WORKS!!!!! Security access and all. I will play around with it more tomorrow and figure out how to change headlight settings. So for all my local people who need tech 2 work done, let me know. I'll be half the price of the saab dealer

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
^ +1 Me too!!! Can't wait to see how it goes. But don't you need to connect to the GM system to get that security access? It's like a subscription, and it's not free. But keep us p to date on how it works out.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ +1 Me too!!! Can't wait to see how it goes. But don't you need to connect to the GM system to get that security access? It's like a subscription, and it's not free. But keep us p to date on how it works out.
Well I got all the cables figured out and how to hook the tech 2 up to my laptop.. I will be updating the first post

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Encouraging news.

I will be interested to see how it handles live diagnostics. I have read that some of the clones have some issues with that.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Encouraging news.

I will be interested to see how it handles live diagnostics. I have read that some of the clones have some issues with that.
I have no clue how to even pull that menu up but I will fully play with it tomorrow. So for anyone around Sunday, I will be at the Saab meet in te pocanos.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Wow thats awesome. I want to buy one as none out here even has the saab software. I went to local gm dealer and they said there tech 2 wont work with my saab lol...

I wouldnt mind grabbing this if i can do everything.

Where do i get this security thing download from and do i need house plug?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow thats awesome. I want to buy one as none out here even has the saab software. I went to local gm dealer and they said there tech 2 wont work with my saab lol...

I wouldnt mind grabbing this if i can do everything.

Where do i get this security thing download from and do i need house plug?
A lot of searching and you'll find the crack. I just used the car plug that it came with. But if your using a desktop you'll need the house charger.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would you be willing to rent it out to those of us away from you? I'll gladly pay a fee plus shipping.

Let me know.
I would require a $500 refundable deposit that would cover the tech 2 in full incase it got broke of never returned.

So your better off buying your own.. Or come to a Saab meet when I'm there

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Thanks for being the guinea pig. I have been wanting to order one but I was afraid it wouldn't work properly. I need to program a few things, and one trip to the local shop would pay for about 1/3 of it. Might as well just buy one.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Great thread!
Thanks for taking the plunge and sharing the experience.
I was thinking about it, but for now my local garage is providing great service to reasonable cost, including Tech2 work at no or low cost.
If/when that changes I'll jump on this to.
Now, back to getting my Vtune ordered...;ol;

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Wow, so with the hacked software there is no need for a connection to GM for programming things like keys etc? I mean, for less then $400 to have one fully up and running is great. The local Saab dealer here that is left wants $125/hour, one hour min for Tech 2...so it'd pay for it in 3 visits....

Sean

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Wow, so with the hacked software there is no need for a connection to GM for programming things like keys etc? I mean, for less then $400 to have one fully up and running is great. The local Saab dealer here that is left wants $125/hour, one hour min for Tech 2...so it'd pay for it in 3 visits....

Sean
Which one, Karp or North Shore? Karp wanted 200$ just to change anything on my car, for something that only takes 10 minutes that's just plain old highway robbery cuz they got us by the balls.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Which one, Karp or North Shore? Karp wanted 200$ just to change anything on my car, for something that only takes 10 minutes that's just plain old highway robbery cuz they got us by the balls.
Northshore charges $125/hour for programming/dianostics

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one of these clone models too. Works great. You don't need a subscription, if you have the emulators to make it bypass that. The TIS software that was included with my clone model was GM, not Saab. lol Had to get the Saab TIS. The card was 143.000 too. I got 148.000 and used MemoryCardExplorer to flash it onto the card. Tedious, but got it all working.

I've disabled my DRL's, deleted the stupid OnStar system so I don't get the annoying 'OnStar Malfunction' message every time I turn the car on, auto-unlock doors at key-out, and lots of other things. Comfort Close is a feature I had activated too, but its a US/Canada and Aus option only and when I disabled my DRL's, it became Comfort Open only. I need to figure out which control module it reads to allow Comfort Close again.

When you add the UEC control module, I was curious to know what Xenon Type 2 meant - so I activated it, and it changes it from bi-xenon to xenon low-beam and halogen high-beam. Interesting. Tempting to run a 'jumper' wire from the 12v positive of the halogen high-beam to the 12v positive on the bi-xenon solenoid so it opens the cutoff shield as well as turn the halogen high beams on.

GTurner - I could be wrong but as far as I know, you need Type 3 security access to program keys. Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have one of these clone models too. Works great. You don't need a subscription, if you have the emulators to make it bypass that. The TIS software that was included with my clone model was GM, not Saab. lol Had to get the Saab TIS. The card was 143.000 too. I got 148.000 and used MemoryCardExplorer to flash it onto the card. Tedious, but got it all working.

I've disabled my DRL's, deleted the stupid OnStar system so I don't get the annoying 'OnStar Malfunction' message every time I turn the car on, auto-unlock doors at key-out, and lots of other things. Comfort Close is a feature I had activated too, but its a US/Canada and Aus option only and when I disabled my DRL's, it became Comfort Open only. I need to figure out which control module it reads to allow Comfort Close again.

When you add the UEC control module, I was curious to know what Xenon Type 2 meant - so I activated it, and it changes it from bi-xenon to xenon low-beam and halogen high-beam. Interesting. Tempting to run a 'jumper' wire from the 12v positive of the halogen high-beam to the 12v positive on the bi-xenon solenoid so it opens the cutoff shield as well as turn the halogen high beams on.

GTurner - I could be wrong but as far as I know, you need Type 3 security access to program keys. Can anyone confirm?
I never tried to program keys yet so I don't know

·
Registered
4,297 Posts

Really, it can do comfort close? That's pretty cool. I'm pretty sure the comfort open/close is in either the BCM or the drivers side rear window switch module. But I think your confused, it's the US and Canada that don't get comfort close as an option. Only the UK gets that option, you need to use the TechII change your car to ROW setting to get the options back again. When u got comfort close working you should have unplugged it and never touched it again. Lol!!!

1 - 20 of 3354 Posts
About this Discussion
3.4K Replies
446 Participants
CJPeterborough
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing