SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all. I’ve been lurking this forum for years and it’s certainly helped me out plenty with all the previous Saab’s I’ve had so kudos to you fine people for the wealth of information that’s collected here!

I’m going to use this thread as a tracker/journal for my car to help me be a better Saab owner than I have in the past as the reason mine always got scrapped was being young and dumb so now that I’m above 30 I’m committed to making this car last well above 200k barring catastrophic events.

So I’ve driving around my 9mpg 1500 a lot lately without the actual need for it so with a fully operational truck in case I need to fix something(I will) I decided to start searching for the next chapter in my Saab story. After a few months of patiently waiting for a clean stock car to come up I stumbled upon this 2007 SC Aero AT with 131 miles on the dash. Everything is in working order besides the driver side window not functioning( first weekend project) and had my mechanic run a tech2 scan as well as do an inspection which turned up nothing negative. It’s a California car so zero rust issues present.

Ive only ever had NG900s so to say the interior is an upgrade is an understatement considering this thing has been taken very well care of it definitely sets it apart from any other Saab I’ve owned. The power is good but definitely not as thrusty as the 2.0 but I kinda prefer the power band to be wider so I’m really digging it.

Im going to give this thing a few months of normal operation and see how things go before considering putting a stage 0 tune on it to give a little more power to the fun pedal but that is definitely on the mind. It’s a daily driver of sorts so I won’t be doing bolt ons or going crazy and would rather focus on maintaining the car in its current form.

Needless to say driving home and hitting a WOT pull on a sabb felt like home, I missed these things.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been 3 weeks with the car and discovered it’s been serviced it’s entire life at one of the last remaining Saab “dealership” service centers! For good measure I went ahead and got all the basic maintenance done to bring the car back in as good of shape as it can be before a tune. This consisted of
2x ATF change
New plugs and coils OEM
Coolant change
Oil change
Brake fluid
Fixed a broken driver window motor
Nut and bolt check

Now I’m just waiting for my Maptun stage 1 to come in the mail from Sweden. I went that route since I could get it delivered with a maptuner 1.0 for 400$ due to the promotion for a free maptuner1.0 with purchase of a tune so not a bad deal at all imo. This is where the car will live for a while as it’s a DD and I would like to keep things not at the limit and use a conservative tune for the life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well after several delays the stage 1 maptun is out for delivery! Also added their air filter as who doesn’t like the potential for more turbo noise. I’ll post my thoughts later on after I take if out for a spirited drive to test the new tune out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also just finished giving her a detail so not a bad day for the upgrade to arrive.

·
Super Moderator
20,387 Posts
Gotta get that lip a respray.

Reactions: TLR

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotta get that lip a respray.
I agree. Cosmetically it’s the only sore spot so I’d love it to look better. I have been looking at replacing the lip since it’s stapled together in a couple spots so I’m debating which option to go with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts