SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,513 Posts
I spent a lot of time researching bypass valves when concocting one for my '62 Falcon, and now having a 9-5 my interested in rekindled... :)

I wonder if a valve from some other car could be adapted... it's not complicated. In the case of the 9-5, just a vacuum solenoid that causes manifold vacuum to act on a valve that bypasses the core. BMW uses a valve with a built-in motor to perform a similar task:

Auto part Automotive super charger part Metal Titanium Engineering

I wonder if the driver in the ACC could drive the motor... if not, probably a relay could solve the issue. Mercedes and Volvo have something similar.

My Jaguar (and IIRC Audi) actually use a motor to circulate coolant through the pump, and when the motor is off it bypasses. That could be another approach. I can't quickly find a picture of the whole assembly, just the Bosch pump. But it's a fun device. :)

·
Registered
11,513 Posts
Now THAT'S funny...simply. 😁
Why? It's not a complicated device. It either feeds the core or bypasses it. There are plenty to choose from, and ACC doesn't know the thing exists so there isn't even any software required for anything you might wanna do. I don't immediately see where the difficulty would be.

·
Registered
11,513 Posts
An error code that doesn't affect operation and requires effort to reveal would not concern me. If push comes to shove, Tech 2 will solve even that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts