SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... been a while since I posted.... need some advice.....

Im at 92k miles..... What needs to be replaced....???? Guve me a few ideas ..... Budget is like 700 dollars.... What should I replace, what will give out soon? Let me know please...

Hmm.... Brake pads have started squealing bad this past week. Figured its my pads.... Bought some metal masters for my front brakes. Havent installed...
Was told I also need to bleed my system.... How much do shops charrge for that? Hard DIY?

I just dont want my car to all the sudden die on me so I want to knock out all the soon to be failing things on my car....

I could also get a diagnostic check from my local dealership and they could tell me all? Let me know.....

THANKS EVERYONE

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
SAAMS SAAB said:

Im at 92k miles..... What needs to be replaced....???? Guve me a few ideas ..... Budget is like 700 dollars.... What should I replace, what will give out soon? Let me know please...

Hmm.... Brake pads have started squealing bad this past week. Figured its my pads.... Bought some metal masters for my front brakes. Havent installed...
Was told I also need to bleed my system.... How much do shops charrge for that? Hard DIY?

I just dont want my car to all the sudden die on me so I want to knock out all the soon to be failing things on my car....

I could also get a diagnostic check from my local dealership and they could tell me all? Let me know.....

THANKS EVERYONE
Well, I can tell you what I had to do to both of mine at around 70k. They are a 2000 9³ 2.0T and a 98 900SE 2.0T.

• Alternator 900 (probably not the norm though)
  • Transmission Mount 9³/900
  • Passenger side motor mount 900
  • Transmission fluid drain/refill 9³/900
  • Shocks 9³/900
  • Serpentine belt 9³/900
  • Water Pump (bearings went out) 900se
  • Battery 900
  • Fuel Pump check valve (car was suffering from lot rot) 900
  • I also did the NSS bypass as discussed in this thread ---> http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109861&highlight=bypass

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
SAAMS SAAB said:

Was told I also need to bleed my system.... How much do shops charrge for that? a lot:nono; Hard DIY?IF the previous services have been done correctly and in a timely manner, this is an easy DIY.
I use the gravity method, some clear plastic tubing and a glass jar; cost thus far - less than $1.00.Then there is the hundreds of $$$.$$ for the tools and fluid..but this pays off in the long run..

I could also get a diagnostic check from my local dealership and they could tell me all? Let me know.....This covers just the emissions systems, not the quality and durability...

THANKS EVERYONE
Grouchy and Frank have covered things well. I have just hit on one little item.
DIY is the greatest money saver of all time..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone......

My brother also suggested reaplcing all fluids
like drainging everything and replacing everything... incuding coolant....

i dont know.....

Not to sure but whatever.... Thanks for all your input!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts