SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
My son is 10 and wants a SAAB for his first car. As long as the parts are available, I am good to go.
That's all I'm worried about. I would gladly buy a 99 EMS but parts seem so impossible to find, unless it had a 2.0 from a 900 installed along with some other bits.

Makes me wonder how people are finding parts for the old sonetts and original 95.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That's all I'm worried about. I would gladly buy a 99 EMS but parts seem so impossible to find, unless it had a 2.0 from a 900 installed along with some other bits.

Makes me wonder how people are finding parts for the old Sonetts and original 95.
As a Previous Sonett owner let me tell you its hard to come by parts for those, but just like anywhere else you just have to know where to look that's all.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
My son is 10 and wants a SAAB for his first car. As long as the parts are available, I am good to go.
Google "SAAB Parts" , then be prepared to find that what people say and what they deliver are two different things ... true for so many things ..A key word is affordable .. $900 for a non-rusted fender for instance ..

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That's why I only buy from either MapTun parts, eSaabparts, or eeuroparts.com.

Google "SAAB Parts" , then be prepared to find that what people say and what they deliver are two different things ... true for so many things ..A key word is affordable .. $900 for a non-rusted fender for instance ..

·
Registered
736 Posts
Taking an idea I saw in an AMC forum, every professional and/or garage who repairs SAABs should make and sell a part, a practical part.
Dedicated fans with some ressources could do this also.
-Replacement headlights plastic cover
-Various interior trim
-Fuses box
-...so much more needed!

Evidently whole engine block are too complicated. :lol:

·
Registered
741 Posts
$900 for a non-rusted fender for instance ..
For that much I'd start to look into some fiberglass/carbon and a vacuum pump :eek:

Dedicated fans with some ressources could do this also.
-Replacement headlights plastic cover
-Various interior trim
-Fuses box
-...so much more needed!

Evidently whole engine block are too complicated. :lol:
Awhile back I started making bits and pieces for my 900. Not much, just bits and pieces of trim, hvac fan switch w/ PWM regulator built in, etc.

On an old hard drive around here somewhere I got most of the engine block and head 3d modeled in autodesk inventor.

Need to find people with the proper tooling to do anything crazy though :cry:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sure, but there are always junkyards and I expect more and more will be ending up at one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saab rip

It is up to all of us SAAB enthusiasts to keep SAAB relevant. Keep bringing these cars back to life and put them back on the road. That is exactly what I did with a 1974 SAAB 99 EMS that was neglected by its previous owner(s). When I saw that Sunset Orange EMS sitting in the sun in a drive way in Chicago Illinois in February 2014, I bought it. It took 4 shops to get it back on the street. But its BACK! This marque should never die. Cheers mates! John J. Garvey [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is up to all of us SAAB enthusiasts to keep SAAB relevant. Keep bringing these cars back to life and put them back on the road. That is exactly what I did with a 1974 SAAB 99 EMS that was neglected by its previous owner(s). When I saw that Sunset Orange EMS sitting in the sun in a drive way in Chicago Illinois in February 2014, I bought it. It took 4 shops to get it back on the street. But its BACK! This marque should never die. Cheers mates! John J. Garvey [email protected]
Nice! Always cool when Chicago provides.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Nice, love the color

·
Registered
88 Posts
The 1974 cars are tops. The window winders on EMS are too big, and that's about all that's wrong with them!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Couldn't Have said it better, amazing car!

Truly an end of an era. I still fantasize about a Koenigsegg-SAAB

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The 1974 cars are tops. The window winders on EMS are too big, and that's about all that's wrong with them!
I once , many years ago, owned an EMS, a '74 I think ..a brownish one , as I recall ..a colorful interior , but worn out ..
I recall , not , the winders...

·
Super Moderator
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
21 - 40 of 45 Posts