SaabCentral Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
577 Posts
and put her in 1st gear before putting her in reverse. That stops the gears from turning so you won't grind teeths and subsequently ruin the reverse gear when putting her in reverse.

and don't whine about fuel prices over there in America!! :nono; Here in The Netherlands (that's in Europe... :p) we have to pay EUR 1.30 for one liter RON 95, that's about USD 6.25 per US Gallon...

And EUR 90.00/USD 115.00 road tax per month, insurance a tad above EUR 33.00/USD 42.00 per month and of course a few quid per month for maintenance and mandatory yearly inspection... On the other hand, my car uses Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) so I only pay EUR 0.40/L or USD 1.90/US Gal. but I only get an average of about 9 km from 1 litre of LPG...

Oh, and check: http://saabfaq.msk.ru/saab-900_geer_convert.pdf for swapping transmissions.

· Registered
577 Posts
Siggy said:
...It's funny. I think about the performance of business and engineering managemnt in a company where such a beautiful chasis was designed; where an engine that can easily exceed 250,000 miles was designed; where the ergonomics were so well thought out, the safety, the vehicle dynamics -- how in the world -- in a climate where there was so much excellence -- how could the transmission development programs (MANUAL and AUTOMATIC) be so poorly executed? And why didn't anyone correct it? What sense does it make to produce an engine that can drive the distance to the moon, but to mate it with such poor tranmissions? ...
Siggy
It could be the space limitations of the (btw wonderful) compact design of the transmission underneath the engine. In the years Saab continuously improved the design of the gear box. Check the Engine/Gear page of this very interesting Saab 99 site, it will teach you a lot about the development history of the 99/900/90!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.