SaabCentral Forums banner

What color is she???

• Total voters
381 - 400 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New NG900

I just bought myself a 97 900 SE Turbo Convertible. And I am loving it so far. Beige is not a very popular color I can see.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Laser Red. The prior year offered Viggen blue (or something very close to it) on non Viggen cars, which is the color the wife originally desired. But, it wasn't to be, so she decided on Laser Red. We live in a rural part of our county and many people know of this car (even if they don't know us), because they have seen it for nearly 17 years. At the time we purchased it, there were only two in the country with the options we wanted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Laser Red. The prior year offered Viggen blue (or something very close to it) on non Viggen cars, which is the color the wife originally desired. But, it wasn't to be, so she decided on Laser Red. We live in a rural part of our county and many people know of this car (even if they don't know us), because they have seen it for nearly 17 years. At the time we purchased it, there were only two in the country with the options we wanted.
It's awesome that you've owned it since new. How many miles?

And what are those particular options that you got on the 3-door?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Currently sitting at 103,000 miles. I'm going to have to get into the Mr. Peabody Way Back Machine to recall the particulars of the purchase. The options are basically what came standard (I think) on a SE. My wife wanted Laser Red, automatic, sunroof, heated seats, and charcoal gray leather interior. The SE was a bit of a stretch for us financially nearly 17 years ago and I didn't care for any of the 16" wheel designs and my wife couldn't care less about such things. So, a base with these 5 options went out across the dealership network. The dealer said he would go get anything east of the Mississippi. One was in upstate NY and the other was west of the Mississippi. Back in the day there was a $6000 (I think) manufacturers rebate that got us in the car comfortably, though it was still in the mid $20k range. We have loved it and it is a part of our family. Book value is maybe $1800. Needless to say, I wouldn't sell it for that. Probably be buried in it. Hopefully, no time soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just picked up an ‘00 9-3 in green with black rims - the colour may have had more to do with my car choice than I would like to admit...

·
Registered
358 Posts
My 9-3 Aero (00) is white (code 153), with a black leather interior. Photos in my garage - if you want to have a look.
Our family's 85/86 900 was 'polar blue', with a blue fabric interior.
I think it was somewhere between slate blue (112B) and Platinum blue (117H). Its odd that I cant find it in the database.
It was a UK export model in RHD, 3 door hatch, non turbo.
I was looking at the following colour database:
http://saabarchive.net/index.php/c/cdb

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok, I'm quite sure black is going to win...but let's see.
Only using VERY general colors here, not the specific ones.
Euclyptus Green and Scarabe Green is just GREEN.
Imola Red and Cayenne Red is just RED.
All blues + Viggen Blue is just BLUE.
Grey/Silver lump together.
Did I forget any?

Of course, if you have more than one please reply to thread with the other color(s).

I voted for RED.
I also have a BLACK one.
(900/9-3's only, of course).
'03 9-3 convertible Merlot Red, only one I've ever seen

·
Registered
233 Posts
20 Ted got a good laugh on this quote from you
OK Cleve...since there is ONLY one "purple" (Amethyst Violet Metallic actually) on here like you said... 😉

In my defense, I THOUGHT it was black when I bought it. I wasn't thinking "Amethyst" when I saw the color name - I was thinking "Anthracite" :!
I bought a 2003 9 3 SE convertible .I swore it was black in the pictures.when I went to pick it up it turned out it was purple. I like the color a lot. But I have yet to ever see another one in person. And also I need a bumper and on the driver side right before the rear wheel there's a little molding it's painted the color of the car that's missing and I'm guessing I'll never get them at the junkyard. thanks for letting me know what the color name actually is. I was just about to start looking up the code and find out what the name was. as everyone says on here before this car it was black black or black. Although to be honest as long as it's a Saab I don't really care what color it is I like them all.never been a huge fan of bright red but I think it's cause it's too eye catching.I like low key. I mean when you're an international spy you got to keep it on the DL haha thanks for the laughs and the color name.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Wow I do not see my Saab's color on the list. I recently 6+ months ago acquired a Sun Metallic Green 9-3 with a lovely black interior.

Heres a pic from the west-coast!
USA.

381 - 400 of 401 Posts