SaabCentral Forums banner

What color is she???

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 401 Posts

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
I almost bought a white 97 SET when I was looking at my car! It reminded me of that Giant egg Robin Williams came out of on "Mork and Mindy"

But I almost got it since the salesman I was dealing with left the dealership b/c of his wife giving birth...How inconsiderate...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Yeah I think that white is the only color that seems to change the shape and lines of the car.

I dislike all white cars
Mark

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

Black Saabs are the best.

if they made a silver that had some real sparkle like the audi/porsche silver, I wouldn't mind that. but the saab silver is flat and looks like they forgot to paint the car.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Blue, with the sun at certain angles, some places appear as purple..
I prefer a dark or royal blue, such as Ford uses.And black can be strikingly beautiful with contrasting chrome and stainless steel.
My 93 was black, but the chrome was used most sparingly..(wheel covers and mirrors only), the rest was aluminum and stainless.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Aight so i looked for the color of my car on the plate - the code was 229 - was kinda pain in the *** to find the color on line - but it turned out to be LeMans Blue... so that's what it is :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
CleveSaab said:
The only thing I HATE about black....chips are MUCH MUCH more noticeable.
True and in pollen season here in ATL, the car is GREEN :eek:

Chips on a black car are very noticable but I have found that a black polish like Turtle Wax colored polish helps tremendously. The chip stick that comes with it is useless though.

The steel grey is still my favorite but I think they didn't do that color until 2000 or later than that.

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
SPATL said:
The steel grey is still my favorite but I think they didn't do that color until 2000 or later than that.
Saw one of those other day...very nice....

I still love my silver, though! :cheesy:

·
Registered
223 Posts
errr...

Started with Black...
...then silver...
...then an Audi (big mistake! boring)
...then white...
...then red...
...then green...
...then another green (but vert)...
...then silver...

Happy now! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
CleveSaab said:
Well, I think we can declare BLACK the official winner and Ted does indeed have the only purple one.
;)
:cheesy: :cheesy:

Oh well - I still have to argue with people trying to convince them that it IS purple and not black...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cirrus white baby! There are just a handful (probably less than 5) white '99 9-3s in Seattle (seen 1 on the street and 1 at the dealer in Ballard). People are always telling me that they've seen me driving around. A very distinctive car.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Bartman said:
Cirrus white baby! There are just a handful (probably less than 5) white '99 9-3s in Seattle (seen 1 on the street and 1 at the dealer in Ballard). People are always telling me that they've seen me driving around. A very distinctive car.
So that's you! :wink:

Get over to the Eastside - there are 4 or 5 I see regularly...you are right, though, not very many - still more than my color!! :cheesy:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not suprised. I bought mine used in Bellevue. Mine has the S trim and I've been trying to find the 2000 and above SE valences and side skirts. I think that would look pretty slick.

21 - 40 of 401 Posts