SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

after managing somehow to stop the constant chimes yesterday, they are back :(

Have found that removing fuse 27 ie the Engine Management System/SID fuse that it stops the noise, but restarts when I reinsert the fuse. Fuse is undamaged. Thinking that this looks like bad news huh? Does anyone think its possible that the EMS relay had broken down or anything? Getting very frustrated and worried that this looks like a costly exercise!!

Thanks in advance

Sarah

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

Rang the dear old AA as had Home Start thank god.
Had the bloke completely stumped for about 45 mins. He eventually gave it the old......disconnect the battery if all else fails trick.(must admit I was a bit reluctant at this point in case he blew something else)

Re-connected battery....no chimes!!:lol:
But also no chimes for seatbelt, door open with lights etc etc:(

Tried locking and unlocking doors, and everything seems back to normal ie chimes, bells and bleeps in all the normal places:suprised;

His conclusion is, as I suggested, that maybe a relay is breaking down.
Exit one nice AA man before I discovered whether anything else had gone wrong!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bammers said:
Does the seatbelt warning go out? Just wondering if its something to with the seat belt switches?
Yes, light goes out...was one of the first things I checked as noise was vaguely similar. Even tried plugging in seatbelt on the empty passenger side!

The AA call centre man asked me very politely whether I keep my handbag on the passenger seat!! Grrrrrr, I may occasionally act a bit daft but surely no-one would be quite that daft eh??? Second thoughts, dont answer that one :cheesy:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sensible question, i left my bag on the passenger seat and had a brief momentary panic when i realised the lights were still on!lol.
Sorry, can't help much more I'm afraid. Am ok when it comes to mechanicals but electrics confuse me, and these things seem rather complicated!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bammers said:
Sensible question, i left my bag on the passenger seat and had a brief momentary panic when i realised the lights were still on!lol.
Sorry, can't help much more I'm afraid. Am ok when it comes to mechanicals but electrics confuse me, and these things seem rather complicated!!!
Yeah suppose it was sensible question really, must admit I was surprised when I chucked a bottle of wine on the seat one day and the sensor picked it up. Could have understaood if it was my handbag as that prob weighs as much as a small child :lol: Perhaps it was a dont drink and drive warning lol

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, fingers crossed the "ding" stays away:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts