SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the brake pads on my 1993 9000 last year—but theystill seem like they should be better. I bleed them and still not as good asthey should be. Should I move the 4 mm Allen on the rear pads brake in closer? Orwhat am I missing? Moreover, the E Brakedoes have a lot of travel. Should I fix this at the e- brake handle or thecaliper 4mm.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
I would adjust the allen in the calipers first. Did you replace the rotors? I always do rotors and pads, especially for the best bite. Be sure to pedal bleed with the key on if it is a TCS car.
Tom

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding Kami Kizi—yes I did replace the rotorsand pads. I guess my struggle is with the collation between adjust the e-brake incab and adjusting the e-brake at the caliper. I adjusted the e-brake in the caband when the handle is pulled back it goes tight in about 3 clicks, but has noeffect on the rear brakes, so yes I guess I should move the piston out some. Again,all my other cars have shoes in the back and I see how they adjust, but themoving of the rear piston with a 4mm Allen to get the pad closer is differentfor me. In my thinking, the rear pads should move out like the front pads with use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts