1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Well that's nice to hear. Apparently NEVS is still in talks with Saab about using the name too... Highly doubt it'll be anytime soon though.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well OK then - so now we all have limited edition Saabs - and if we store them 20 years or more from today they will become "barn Finds" worth more $$$ then when they were new.
I would love to see a current SAAB on the road in 20 years. That would be awesome. You might be better off to sell yours now and invest the money over 20 years to possibly gain more money than what you paid for it new.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well OK then - so now we all have limited edition Saabs - and if we store them 20 years or more from today they will become "barn Finds" worth more $$$ then when they were new.

Except no one will make parts to replace the overly complicated electrical and fiber systems that were put in this car. So no one will be able to drive them....

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not really. Maybe an SPG or a Viggen will be worth something down the line. I'd say more of a sentimental value if anything. The 2003 and up models - it's not the same. It's like the SAAB heart was ripped out of them piece by piece by GM.

This article is dated April 8 2016 which in part states
First NEVS electric car is finished – 25 test units on the Roads!
NEVS winter test 9-3 EV
April 8, 2016
http://www.saabplanet.com/category/saab-news/
No reason to get your hopes up. It will be completely different vehicles from our current petrol models, if in fact they ever make it to the real world. Now, making it across the globe to the North American or even European market - that's another story.

The Saab we all know is dead. No amounts of chinese imitations will bring it back to its glory. And I hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Except no one will make parts to replace the overly complicated electrical and fiber systems that were put in this car. So no one will be able to drive them....
The overly complicated electrical and fiber optic systems are actually industry standards now. The fibre optic cabling is MOST specification, I needed a bit of wire so I purchased it from eBay the same labelling is used in BMW, VW Group and many more. The modules yes are SAAB 9-3 specific e.g. CIM but they aren't high failure rates and there are some companies still making these parts and ORIO AB (formally SAAB's part division) There really isn't as big of an issue for 03-06 Saab 9-3's, I kinda think that owners of the newer 07-14 9-3's helped create that idea to compensate for the lack of equipment in their vehicles once GM went on a cost-cutting spree.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts