·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
I hope for him he had full coverage insurance! :eek:

If not, he should sue Ferrari for a fuel leak onto the exhaust manifold :cool:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I hope he got out of there! It looks like he was driving when it caught!!!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
yeah my tires have caught on fire a few times...cough, but nothing that serious. those fieros were exactley as named.

·
Saab Mad
3,053 Posts
Speaking of Ferraris. I saw a F430 the other day. I like the styiling of the F360 much better. It looks like they gave a 360 to some radical German tuner and he came up with the 430. More "mean" but also much less sleek.

But I also like the the 355 more than the 360, so maybe I'm just not used to changes in style :roll:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
The 355 is one of my favorite ferraris, but I like the new 430. Plus the fact that they gave it a real engine with a ferrari sound to it. The 360 sounded like two hondas welded together. :p

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I know someone who restores Ferraris, and he just acquired a Testarossa (model year 85-87 I believe). Anyways the exact same thing happened to the Ferrari. The fuel rail split open, gas poured onto the exhaust manifold, and the Testarossa's V12 became a campfire, spreading to the dashboard, and into the front compartments.

I heard the insurance did not cover the owner of the car because Ferrari had issued a recall on the Testarossa about the risk of the fuel rail splitting open, causing fire, and he ignored it.

With the kind of money you pay for a Ferrari, fire is the last thing I'd expect to happen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts