SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished replacing my clutch slave cylinder. I followed Jim's advise in my thread "clutch woes" below reguarding bleeding the slave by compressing the slave with a needle nose pliers, thus flushing all the air out of the system. It worked like a charm. I have always found this chore a bit tedious and troublesome. I have used a bicycle inner tube hooked up the the master in the past...an exercise that has usuaully resulted in brake fluid being sprayed everywhere.
F.W.I.W, the clutch is working wonderfully and I'm glad it is back together.

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
I'm gratified that I could be helpful, and flattered that you give me any credit for your success.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
I'm gratified that I could be helpful, and flattered that you give me any credit for your success.
We are all gratified for your help JIM,, and you should'nt be flatttered.

You are like a lighthouse beam shining out to Ships & sailors across the sea, being able to continue their journey safely, but instead your beam shines out amongst us SAAB owners (as many others have said before) so to be able to continue on our life Journeys with our cars.
;ol;THANK YOU ;ol;

·
Registered
664 Posts
Here here!!! Jim's voice of experience is invaluable. Plain and simple. His dry, Yankee sarcasm and what seems like an unwillingness to be funny (even though at times he cracks us all up) always makes for good reading as well.

Thanks Jim! You're a gentleman and a scholar.

·
Registered
522 Posts
When my son first posted here on SC several years ago I told him that when Jim speaks you want to listen. That advice still works today. Thank you!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Jim pointed me toward the tripod and inner driver problems on my passenger side in a previous thread. It appears that he is correct and I will be swapping those out this weekend with the help of a friend.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
You got your pluses and minuses, Jim. Pluses- history of dealership work, and having seen most of the Service bulletins and changes that have not been documented clearly for the rest of us, along with enough clear memory to dredge up these gems. Minuses- history of dealership work, since those of us with lack of access to same have to "adapt, overcome and improvise" to accomplish in days what it took you hours in a full shop. All that said, you're a hell of a sounding board. Good to know you!

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Jim's advice on these forums have saved me a number of times. A very reliable source indeed. Glad you got the clutch sorted.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
just noticed that my reply/ comment read 'should'nt be flatttered' which obviously i meant, should be flatttered...JIM.. your the man;ol;

1 - 20 of 22 Posts