SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As well as getting to drive a 9-5 Aero today I also got to take the new 9-3 2.0T 5 speed manual out for a short spin. This is the one....

It obviously has power there which is very progressive throughout the power range, no sign of a 'turbo' kick which I thought doesn't make it feel as quick as it actually is.

It drove very nicely went round the bends very well, very directional and it seemed to go exactly where you pointed it.

The new handbrake is groovy and I'm sure our American friends will love all the cupholders and adjustable armrest :D

There was an annoying squeaky rattle coming from somewhere behind the dash which just wouldn't go away. Probably just the particular car I drove but it would get on your nerves very quickly if it is an inherant fault.

Hopefully I should have the chance to take one around a track this coming week so I can really put it through it's paces. At the moment I would still definetely go for the 9-5 Aero but perhaps a track drive in the new 9-3 or a drive in the 9-3 Aero due early next year will change my mind.....

Anyone else noticed GM stamped on the brake calipers :eek:

Simon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Simon.....I had the rattle too !! Exactly the same. I spoke to the dealer about it and he said that it was there on the pre-production cars but was on their "issues list" and would be sorted out before any cars are delivered to customers. The demonstrator he claimed was suffereing from a wiring loom rattle behind the dash, and they would be fixing it on their demo car aswell. So it seems it is a known fault, but is about to be rectified. :D

Cheers,

Rich
ps...good photo !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts