SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03' 9-5 linear 2.3t and i feel like my car is just sucking gas like crazy. I dont do a crazy amount of driving, does using cruise control alot or running the a/c have any effect? I dont speed either i keep it steady at 65-70 (most of the time haha). Could it be the air filter? any ideas anyone thanks

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
How long at highway speeds? Tire pressures and driving style play the biggest role fuel economy. A tune up and alignment help too. The AC seesm to take about 2.5 mpg on my 04 Arc.

·
Registered
869 Posts
CC would actually help your mileage. Have you done anything in the way of a normal tuneup lately (like plugs, air filter, oil change, check tire pressure, etc.)? Are you running high octane gas, like you should? Also, is the car making any weird noises from under the hood (like air noises, which would indicate an air/vacuum leak)? Is your Check Engine (or any other light on your dash) on?

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
The ccc will hekp keep speed down butr if you have rolling terrain it'll keep hunting a speed where you foot will be less sensitive to throttle changes.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
CC would actually help your mileage. Have you done anything in the way of a normal tuneup lately (like plugs, air filter, oil change, check tire pressure, etc.)? Are you running high octane gas, like you should? Also, is the car making any weird noises from under the hood (like air noises, which would indicate an air/vacuum leak)? Is your Check Engine (or any other light on your dash) on?
If you've done all of this and you're still getting lousy gas mileage, which I have, it's probably going to come down to worn out O2 sensors in combination with a dirty or worn out MAF, all of those components work together to make your car run rich or lean....I'm about to change all of that stuff, so I'll report back, hopefully it will improve my lousy gas mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts