SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Terk XM Commander is now available for $117 (after a $30 rebate). Anyone install one of these? How/where did you mount the display unit? Where does the tuner fit? What installation challenges did you encounter? At $117, I thought I'd explore this instead of the Saab kit which I understand is about $269.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A common installation is summarized in this thread: http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24283

The ashtray modification is permanent, but if you want to remove the display permanently it's an inexpensive part to replace ($30 or so from Nick, if I recall correctly). I used lightweight black modelling clay to seat the display unit.

I've also mounted a Valentine 1 stealth display in the ashtray - it works great and trailing lurkers (or police) can't see it from outside the car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. While I prefer the look of the Saab kit for mounting the display, this looks like a solid alternative. I don't use my ash tray or cigarette lighter. Do you think it would be feasible to mount the display to the outside of ash tray using double sided tape.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It wouldn't be positioned at a good viewing angle if it was simply stuck to the front of the ashtray with mounting tape. You'd need to fashion some kind of angled mount that tilted the display so that it was viewable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts