SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing a loud vibration coming from inside the center console under the radio. I eventually traced it to behind the seat heaters/temp sensor panel. Removing it, I found the vibration noice is coming from the fan behind the temperature sensor, which I assume is pulling air in over it. No matter which way I try and move it, the vibration won't get better. Is this a part I'm just going to have to replace to get rid of the sound, or has someone come across this before and have a solution? Thanks! And I hope all you other Americans are having a great Thanksgiving weekend!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Some people have cleaned and lubricated the pivot points with some success. Other people have re-installed it upside down, etc.

·
Registered
281 Posts
TROLLhattenschatten said:
Don't mean to hijack the thread but i have a question -

Why does the ACC fan continue to run with the car off?
TROLLhattenschatten.....Apparently the ACC unit uses this sensor to regulate the mixed air coming out of the vents.The reason it runs after shutdown is it decreases the risk of incorrect tempature after a short stop. IE; you go into a conveinent store shut the car off and 2 minutes later your back in your car restarting it.This way it doesnt have to compute the inside air temp because its already known.

gregoryhaugh,....If you remove the sensor from the dash,take the grille off and clean the fan shaft of the dust ect.. then you can put a little dab of oil at each end of the shaft. that will quiet it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts