SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going back to the garage soon to have an aero intake pipe fitted. I was just wondering about potentially getting some new performance fuel injectors at the same time?? A few questions:

1. Roughly how much does a set cost?
2. How much more power would they add?
3. Do they drastically reduce MPG or is it just when you floor it?
4. Ahem, would your insurer be able to detect them?

Cheers all

wooders :D :D :D

G

·
Woodman said:
Going back to the garage soon to have an aero intake pipe fitted. I was just wondering about potentially getting some new performance fuel injectors at the same time?? A few questions:

1. Roughly how much does a set cost?
2. How much more power would they add?
3. Do they drastically reduce MPG or is it just when you floor it?
4. Ahem, would your insurer be able to detect them?

Cheers all

wooders :D :D :D
If you are going to mod to a higher stage than you have already you may find that the stock injectors just wont be able to handle the fuel delivery, so thats the time to get bigger ones. They do not add any extra power. The turbo and such like do that. Actualy through the modding range up to stage 4 where I am at at the moment my mpg has got better. chris I believe gets much much better mpg than stock. No an insurer is very unlikely to know unless he has a saab expert with a tech sheet. cost wise, sorry I really cant remember..

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Red injectors which I think you have (as do Finn, Kermit and I) are good for 300+ bhp :p

Greens were on the early 2.0's and are quite restrictive :(

If the insurance inspector is colour blind you'll be fine :cheesy:

G

·
Woodman said:
Not being a mechanic, is there an easy way of finding out? ;oops:

Mine's a 1998 model (R reg)
If you take off the engine cover and lean right over you can just see the injectors on the fuel rail :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Here was Finn's instructions on how to tell your injectors:

Finn said:
Michael, you can see for yourself what colour injectors you have. You need to unclip the engine cover that is secured arount the oil filler cap.

You will see imediately above the word ecopower a long silver coloured rail. This is the fuel rail on which the injectors are mounted. If you lean over and look closely you can see what colour your injectors are..

finn :)
Hope that Helps! :cheesy:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh dear my injectors are green. :cry:

Would that mean that getting some red ones would help?! If so how much?!!!! If they were standard later on then surely they could do with upgrading?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Apparently you should check this out with BSR (PFS) first, to make sure I'm right ;)

G

·
Way back when I first got my Abbott stage 1, I had had the car about 24hrs and I wasnt impressed :( Took the car back to complain that I didnt think that I had gained the 40bhp as advertised. Quick change over to reds and wahey :cheesy:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had a look at those 2nd hand red injectors. Do you think they would be ok?

Is it much of a job for someone (i.e. Wes!) to put them in?

G

·
Woodman, why dont you give neo brothers a quick call and ask if they are ok for a 9-5. I have the number because I have just been on the phone to them 01992 719 280. If they are ok, get a set and join us at wessy's for the mini meet :) You can get them fitted whilst having a stroll around donnington musuem :D

takes about 20 mins to fit.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
OMGWTFBBQ! Yes! I checked out of curiosity and I have reds!

Good for Nordic Tuning Stage 4+ that I'm saving up for?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Finn said:
If they are ok, get a set and join us at wessy's for the mini meet :) You can get them fitted whilst having a stroll around donnington musuem :D

takes about 20 mins to fit.
Erm maybe someone should mention this "meet" and the "extra little jobs" to Wessy at some point :roll:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts