SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy,

new 9-2x aero...just passed the 1k mark on the odometer...looking for advice on how much i can push this car on a daily basis...what is the optimal rpm range for this car....it feels happiest when i'm in the 4-5k range but i don't want to overwork the engine...

Thoughts?

Thanks~

·
Registered
154 Posts
I havn't driven one yet, but a 4-5k crusing rpm sounds kinda high, up shifting around there would be fine. Normal driving in my current car I shift around 3.5k, but it's not a turbo (not a subaru either) :) When i'm having fun i sift around 5k :cheesy: rarely red line unless smoking is gaining.... :nono;

--Jeremy

crandy said:
howdy,

new 9-2x aero...just passed the 1k mark on the odometer...looking for advice on how much i can push this car on a daily basis...what is the optimal rpm range for this car....it feels happiest when i'm in the 4-5k range but i don't want to overwork the engine...

Thoughts?

Thanks~

·
Registered
161 Posts
Run it up to redline while accelerating, it won't hurt it.

But for just cruising, that rev range is a bit high. It'll hurt at the gas pump too.

If it were me, I'd cruise around 2500 RPM, but if the engine feels too flat at that RPM, try 3000 RPM. Boost is only a tickle of the throttle foot away at that engine speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts