SaabCentral Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quickly tried this on my 2006 9-3 SC Aero with a 64-bit windows 10 machine and VCX Nano. Software worked fine, but still got the I-Bus message when trying to check DTC's. Could be the x64 and windows 10 though?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought thе MDI Clone and all work good. How can I get Service Programming System on it? I install TIS 2000 and crack, but error 665 occur. I use Win7

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried on a 2006 9-3 TiD but could not get this to work with the VCX Nano using Windows 7, 32 bit. Please advice if I can assist in anyway in getting this working.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Works with my 2006 9-3 Aero with MDI clone and windows 10 64-bit. Was also able to install GlobalTIS and get security access to add ICM. Awesome! Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
7 Posts
After being burned on a GM MDI which was promised to totally and definitely work with my SAAB, only to find out that Tech2Win couldn't successfully communicate with anything, I decided to sit down, figure out why, and fix it.

And now, I've done it! No longer will you be plagued by "I-Bus Missing" error messages stopping basically all communication with your 2003+ 9-3. To make a long story short, some bug in Tech2Win or the SAAB Tech 2 software itself causes all communication to be done in a certain mode without actually switching to that mode. All the CAN messages then go out to the car with the wrong header, so the car immediately ignores everything, and the Tech 2 concludes that the car must not be there. I have prepared a version with the issue fixed. Download it and read the README.txt inside the archive to get it started.

SOME IMPORTANT NOTES (cliff's notes version; full version is in the README)
  • I have tested this version of Tech2Win on 32-bit Windows XP and Windows 7 and it works great on both. It also works great even in a virtual machine.
  • I have only tested with my clone GM MDI 1. You should be able to use any other VCI that is compatible with Tech2Win, i.e. those that support D-PDU API/ISO 22900. If you need to purchase or set up a VCI, there is some advice in the README.
  • There's some chance my fix will break communication with other SAABs and/or other vehicles that Tech2Win supports. If you run into issues there, try using the non-fixed version (which I have also included in the archive), and let me know. I only have 2003+ 9-3s so I can't test this case.
  • I've tested and verified correct operation of every function I can think of on my 2003 and 2007 9-3s, including reading and clearing DTCs, reading data, performing activations, bus testing, getting security access, changing personalization settings, adding and removing modules, and adding keys. There may be other functions that do not work.
  • There may also be functions that unexpectedly destroy your car, computer, VCI, life, limb, etc. I can't be held responsible in this case!
  • Please check this thread for any updates as I have difficulty editing the post.
Please share this archive with all your friends, rehost it in as many places as possible (without removing credit), try it with as many cars and VCIs as you can get your hands on, and let me know how it goes.

Happy Tech2Win-ning!
Confirmed this works on my 2006 9-3SS 2.0T. Your detailed readme file was also very helpful. Using a Windows XP 32-bit VM I was able to flash my new MDI w/ the legitimate 7.14.37 software, get GlobalTIS set up w/ security access to do some key programming and even use the MDI w/ TrionicCANFlasher to do a ECU clone. So far, very happy with the MDI clone and hoping that it lasts. Thanks so much!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts