SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm ne to Saabs and to this forum. I recently purchased a 2005 Aero 2.0 turbo convertible that's in pretty good shape. After noticing some issues with the car such as headlight switch not working correctly I decided to purchase the standard Tech2 clone and kit like most have. I went through the excellent wright up on how to install the GIS and Tis200 software and that is working. My isue is when I select Diagnostics >> Vehicle Identification>> 2005 my only options are SAAB 9-5 and Saab 9-3 Sport (9940). I'm not sure if that's correct for my care as when I try to look at the front driver side door lock for example it checks the key position (takes forever) and passes but then comes back " wrong vehicle or Model Year Selected". I checked the VIN on the Tech2 and it's correct and matches what's displayed on the bottom of the windshield of the car. The systems says that I have gained security access from both versions of the software loaded on the laptop. Not sure what I'm missing. Thanks for any help!!!!
Blue Azure Rectangle Computer Gadget
Blue Azure Gadget Computer Font
Rectangle Font Gadget Display device Technology
Personal computer Computer Operating system Gadget Font
Blue Rectangle Gadget Font Display device

·
Super Moderator
10,495 Posts
What number is 10th digit from the left..the switch is working as it should in the US you don't have control of the light switch like we do over this side of the pond,it needs to be changed to ROW in the programming

·
Super Moderator
10,495 Posts
Yes..pretty sure i've seen something like this posted before(don't quote me)has something to do with a module not being added/removed properly(from another car to another)...Of course i might be completely wrong..

@Mimmi..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried and selected years 2004 and 2006 with the same result. The PCMIA card is loaded with the Saab 148.000 card. I thought about requesting new info from ECU but that looks like a process. Not sure what to do here. Thanks

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think if you need to try to reed all codes. If a module has a different vin in it, the tech 2 should show you what modules have different vins in them and ask you to pick which is correct. So this will show if something has a different vin it. Then you might be able to add those modules and fix the vin in them. Then maybe it will let you go were you want to go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply. So tried to request new information which seems to have erased the VIN info in the Tech2. However, I follow the prompts for the body module and engine module to turn the ignition off then back on with the engine off and then i get a communications error. Now it won read squat. Not sure what I did. should I run the GIS/ TIS programs again? I checked the connections, and they seem to work fine. It reads the key position correctly when in diagnostic mode but that is about it.

·
Registered
13,857 Posts
Reset configuration with TECH2.
Then car (and TECH2) will add "missing module" back to car and you can see it in list with "added" mark.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure I'm understanding. Do I rest the ECU?. The car runs great and I'm worried about screwing it up. Do you have any directions on how to do what you suggest? Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
11,901 Posts
Not the ECU - In Tech 2 there is an option to reset the bus, which will hopefully "re-align" the modules ... removing ones that are not programmed correctly from the configuration. Then, you can manually go back in and properly re-add the ones that were removed.

If you are in the US with a 2005 Aero 2.0, you have a 9-3.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for your help, all!!! But I believe the Tech 2 is faulty. It will load like it should but cannot communicate with anything. The car or the laptop. I tried the tis and global as well. Looks like I have to deal with Chinese tech support.....wonderful.I will update this post when I hear something unless you all can think of anything (I'm new to Saabs but not cars) Thanks Slobo

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did and they passed but still won't hook up to the laptop ( it did before ) and it won't read anything from the care. The Candi passed as well. I hooked up my regular scanner and it reads the code from the car like it should. I'm going to try and test it without the Candi and see how it works. Thanks for your help !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I tried the the scanner without the Candi and same results. This whole thing worked once. I wonder if there is away to reprogram the PCMIA card? My laptop that I'm using has a slot for it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So I reloaded the bin file however it still gives me the original "wrong vehicle" error at the top of the post. I even went as far as to install the 146:00 bin but sadly that was in Russian lol. I plugged in my Blue Driver OBD scanner and pulled the following codes. B3057 (multiple No security code programmed ,AMP parking break and Human-machine interface module) P0532 - Refrigerant Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Low. B1023 Power take off module, c0547 Vacuum sensor supply voltage circuit open. The car runs great and just want everything to work as it should. Thanks For all your help!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts