SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this.
I have a 9-3 aero SS MY03 and a 9-3 aero convertible MY07. I decided to check for software updates on both cars, so broke our my Tech2 in pass through mode and laptop with Globaltis. When I access the SPS and input all the details for the car, SPS fails to pull the VIN down for either car, if I enter the VIN I get a 'VIN change not supported message' I also have an MDI so I tried with this instead, with the same result.
But when I plugged the MDI into a OG 9-3 MY01 it read the VIN and gave me the available software. I then reflashed the A/C unit with no issues, I also checked on my NG 9-5 and it connects and reads the VIN giving me the list of modules.
Any ideas as to why the two 9-3's do not have their vin displayed?
Do I need to request security access before entering SPS? All other functions work on the Tech2, I have pulled off fault codes and reset after fixing.

Thanks for helping.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this.
I have a 9-3 aero SS MY03 and a 9-3 aero convertible MY07. I decided to check for software updates on both cars, so broke our my Tech2 in pass through mode and laptop with Globaltis. When I access the SPS and input all the details for the car, SPS fails to pull the VIN down for either car, if I enter the VIN I get a 'VIN change not supported message' I also have an MDI so I tried with this instead, with the same result.
But when I plugged the MDI into a OG 9-3 MY01 it read the VIN and gave me the available software. I then reflashed the A/C unit with no issues, I also checked on my NG 9-5 and it connects and reads the VIN giving me the list of modules.
Any ideas as to why the two 9-3's do not have their vin displayed?
Do I need to request security access before entering SPS? All other functions work on the Tech2, I have pulled off fault codes and reset after fixing.

Thanks for helping.
What about in remote mode?

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
Have you read all DTCs?
When you read DTCs and car have several VINs, TECH2 will show them and you can choose which VIN DTCs you want to read.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi sorry for the delayed reply. This seems to have come down to an issue with my Tech2. In remote mode it will find the vin, but I then can get security access via Globaltis or Tis2000, I get and error saying can't communicate with device. I assume this is the same issue stopping pass through mode from working, and having tried all options including buying a new unpinned DB9 to RS232 connector, and pinning out as per the wiki page, whilst also trying the Keyspan usb to com port adapter, I still get the the same issue. It must be my tech2., Unless anyone else has ideas I haven't tried.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts